Semaglutide Side Effects

Yvb-Par

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, a newbie here.

I have been on various meds for my diabetes type 2. I am now on semaglutide 14mg tablet form. I started off with 3mg then 7mg.
I have found that the side effects of going on 14mg quite hard to cope with. I have fought through the nausea and stomach camps. I did this as when I was on metformin and slow release metformin I didn't realise that those side effects would pass. The nausea and stomach cramps have now passed, but it is effecting my energy levels and sleep. I sleep long enough between 7 to 8 hours per night. My sleep quality isn't great and my body battery on my Garmain watch is showing a lot of stress during the night when I am sleeping.
My question is does this eventually pass aswell? Yesterday was a write off, I was just lazing about all day, thankfully it was a non working day. I have been on 14mg for just over 2 months.

Hi everyone, a newbie here.

I have been on various meds for my diabetes type 2. I am now on semaglutide 14mg tablet form. I started off with 3mg then 7mg.
I have found that the side effects of going on 14mg quite hard to cope with. I have fought through the nausea and stomach camps. I did this as when I was on metformin and slow release metformin I didn't realise that those side effects would pass. The nausea and stomach cramps have now passed, but it is effecting my energy levels and sleep. I sleep long enough between 7 to 8 hours per night. My sleep quality isn't great and my body battery on my Garmain watch is showing a lot of stress during the night when I am sleeping.
My question is does this eventually pass aswell? Yesterday was a write off, I was just lazing about all day, thankfully it was a non working day. I have been on 14mg for just over 2 months.
I am on 14 mg

I don't like the tiredness at all or the constipation

I am considering asking my nurse if I can go back to 7 mg to see if things improve

If not I will have to go back on metformin

Been so bad last 2 days

No bowel movements at all , even after 2 x daily doses of fybogel

Just don't feel like eating either and feeling sick

Having a phonecall from surgery pharmacist on Wednesday

Going to either drop from 14 to 7 mg or go back to metfotmin

Sorry to read you are having issues with the medication.

I had an appointment with my GP yesterday and I have been put on the reduced 7mg, as I was okay with that before going onto 14mg. I am also having bloods taken this week and will be reviewed the following week.
Take care

Sorry to read you are having issues with the medication.

I had an appointment with my GP yesterday and I have been put on the reduced 7mg, as I was okay with that before going onto 14mg. I am also having bloods taken this week and will be reviewed the following week.
Take care

I have felt very rough on the 14 mg

I am happy to be reduced but if they suggest something else I will be happy as not being able to go to the toilet is horrible

Back