Self-testing diabetes patients invited to help review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ADULTS who are affected by diabetes and self-test their blood sugar are being invited to help with a review of glucose monitoring equipment at a series of events across Dorset.

The events have been organised by NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group as part of a review of existing arrangements.

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/11129975.Self_testing_diabetes_patients_invited_to_help_review/

“We are currently undertaking a project to streamline the range of blood glucose monitoring equipment across the county "

For that read, "We are currently looking to save money by changing everyone onto cheap meters" 🙄

Could do with that up in my area. At least my current practice took the decision to go with the better of the meter options they were given, now they have started moving every one onto the same meter and strips.

Just wish they had a bigger range to choose from, will miss my old meters. :(

For that read, "We are currently looking to save money by changing everyone onto cheap meters" 🙄

Such a cynic Alan, can't think why 🙄

Such a cynic Alan, can't think why 🙄

True though, my newly issued meter only stores 250 results, while my old ones hold 2000. No probs if docs or dvla want to look back over several months. The new meter will last just over a month before they start to get over written. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back