self dispicline

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi guys

How, especially coming up to christmas, do I avoid all the goodies??? When I eat healthy my sugar is ok. But today, I just couldnt avoid 4 chocolates after my tea. I just couldnt :( Now my blood is 14.3. I took extra insulin but whenever I eat sweets etc my insulin just never works quick enough to cover it. Then later it usually crashes down.

hi guys

How, especially coming up to christmas, do I avoid all the goodies??? When I eat healthy my sugar is ok. But today, I just couldnt avoid 4 chocolates after my tea. I just couldnt :( Now my blood is 14.3. I took extra insulin but whenever I eat sweets etc my insulin just never works quick enough to cover it. Then later it usually crashes down.

I need to work that one out too. I doubt I'll stay on the side of the angels though.

i struggle really hard with self control. it's something i'm trying to work on, but never seems to go to plan.

can you ask your family to be supportive and keep all the sweets/chocolate/etc hidden away?

I used to be really,really bad at self control,i would eat chocolate,sweets,cakes,biscuits basically anything i wanted to eat i would eat it and cover with extra insulin sometimes as much as three extra jabs at night time,and my blood sugars would be ok in the mornings,most of the time.I have to be extra careful now with what i eat,after putting 5 stone in weight on since the beginning of the year,ive lost half a stone in 2 weeks but i do miss the chocs and sweets.I know now what it must be like for someone who is really obese and its loose weight or die,its really hard work trying to loose weight when you have to.

We are all human so we all slip up from time to time. Christmas is only once a year, so relax and enjoy it.

My plan to get over the Christmas temptations is to have plenty of fresh fruit in and try to go for walks and do stuff with the rest of the family so that I am not so tempted to nibble.

From what I've read in Balance Magazine over the years, as long as you eat things in moderation over Christmas, you can eat more or less anything as it shouldn't have a long term effect on BS.

So as long as you don't eat a whole box of chocolates at once or something similar you should be able to enjoy Christmas goodies like anyone else.

thanks all for replies - i actaully read in a magazine today someone who is dieting - when they are tempted to eat sweets they ring a friend. might try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back