seem to be sestive to corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
i;m finding i;m really sentisve to corrections and just a little bit will end making me eat leter. for a example today day at luch i was around 10.2 so rather then rounding 4.22 down to 4 and i did 4 and a hald then i went down to 4.8 two hours later. .

Is the 4.22 what you calculated you would need for the carbs in the meal? If so I wonder if your carb ratio is a bit wrong. What exactly did you eat for lunch and how did you calculate the insulin amount? If you’d just rounded the 4.22 down as normal do you think you would have been a bit high still or would you have dropped? Might be worth trying that next time and see what happens.

Is the 4.22 what you calculated you would need for the carbs in the meal? If so I wonder if your carb ratio is a bit wrong. What exactly did you eat for lunch and how did you calculate the insulin amount? If you’d just rounded the 4.22 down as normal do you think you would have been a bit high still or would you have dropped? Might be worth trying that next time and see what happens.
Yeah 1 to 15. Carb radtio however at backfast i round a 2.25 up to 2 and a half a didn. Abd still a tad high at lunch maybe i need to test my backround but jusr removed my sensor as i wasnt geting on with them for mental heath reasons

With a ratio of 1:15 you are quite sensitive aren’t you! Good idea to do a basal test first, but if that seems to be OK then you probably need to tweak your food ratios. There’s no reason that you must have the same ratio all day, it’s quite possible that different ratios will work better at different times of the day, insulin sensitivity can change throughout the day. What works will take some trial and error and won’t always stay the same unfortunately!

With a ratio of 1:15 you are quite sensitive aren’t you! Good idea to do a basal test first, but if that seems to be OK then you probably need to tweak your food ratios. There’s no reason that you must have the same ratio all day, it’s quite possible that different ratios will work better at different times of the day, insulin sensitivity can change throughout the day. What works will take some trial and error and won’t always stay the same unfortunately!
when i was on trisibria i did have a differnt radtio for each meal but when i swicted to livermir that wasn;t working anymore. maybe its changed it mind and whats it back.

Yep that’s diabetes for you sometimes, you change everything, it works perfectly for 3 days and then you find yourself having to change it all back again... :D

athough if i do need a differnt radtio for each time of day, it will make work like veery diffcult because its had to follow a routine at work.

Like i just checked my blood suger before going to a split dose for pizza. And its 5.6 thats kind of low to take more insullin now.

I hope that doesnt meqn i waited too long though and half gone low.

I'm now wondering if I left a little bit later to have lunch I may have been in range so didn't need the correction I was 3.2 just before lunch today I went to answer the door and realised I was super shaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back