Seeing GP 'getting more difficult'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Getting to see a GP in England is getting more difficult, the official patient survey shows.

The poll of more than 900,000 patients found that, in the last two years, the proportion saying it was not easy to get through on the phone rose from 18% to 24%.

When they did get through 11% were unable to get an appointment, the Ipsos MORI poll for NHS England showed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28142611

And they wonder why A&E departments are overloaded with people who aren't really ill enough to be there...

Last time I tried to see a named gp, instead of just anyone in the surgery, the next available appointment was in 7 weeks time, I booked anyone conversation for a week and a half later, which of course was not relevant by the time it came around!

After my GP diagnosed my Fibromyalgia she told me to come back in a few weeks to see her about it and how I was doing. So after a couple of weeks I phoned for an appointment with her. I phoned the surgery on Friday 13th June and was given an appointment for 14th July. 😱

Yep, the average for my GP is a five week wait, but then they've put in place this ridiculous system based on voting areas. So you can only go to a doctor who covers your postcode. That means one surgery is covering a huge area. It might work if the voting areas were in anyway equal but they were manipulated in the 70's to destroy the labour stronghold and create extra Tory seats. So in some areas a voting district has hundreds of people and in others tens of thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back