Second pregnancy highs

Hi

So after my recent issues with eating and injecting for carbs, I found out I was Pregnant with my second child.

This wasn't a planned pregnancy, my Hba1C was 48 at the time of conception but I dread to think what it is now!

I can not seem to keep control of my after meal spikes. I am trying my hardest to ensure my carb counting is accurate and mainly eating pre portioned food to avoid errors however I am still spiking. I have been pre bolusing 15 minutes before eating but may try to increase this? With my first all I recall is hypos all the time so this is really starting to make me panic. The only time I seem to be in range is overnight and before I eat!

I am 9 weeks now, is this likely to change soon? I have been adjusting my carb ratios regularly with my antenatal team and seeing my dietician to help with my phobias from pre pregnancy.

@Lucywyton18 ? I found my 3 pregnancies different. In my third, I had highs early on. I increased my basal slightly (I’m on a pump) and bolused more in advance of meals. I also corrected if needed. Then the highs changed to hypos, so be prepared and adapt as needed.

My lunch sometimes I need 30 mins prebolus time to avoid spikes so my suggestion would be make something you can either cook quickly or eat quickly (like a sandwich) and only start eating once you notice an impact (drop) in levels, to or just wait longer before you eat it.

My levels changed every few weeks, not much pattern.
And try not to worry, you had a good hb1ac to start and a few weeks won’t hurt you or baby that much.

Make small changes as you need to.

Are you mdi or pump?

Back