Scots cancer gran forced to sell house to raise ?40k she needs for vital drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
MAUREEN FLEMING, 63, is being forced to sell her house or move to England - where the cetuximab drug is free on the NHS.

A GRAN who received a ?10,000 lifeline from a mystery donor for a vital cancer drug may have to sell her home to raise the ?40,000 a year she needs to continue treatment.

Maureen Fleming used the donation to pay for a three-month course of *cetuximab, which has shrunk her bowel cancer tumour by half.

But she must now sell her house to pay for *treatment or move to England, where the drug is available on the NHS via the Cancer Drugs Fund.

Maureen, a granny of 10 from Bonhill, *Dunbartonshire, said: ?My husband says we can sell the house.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-cancer-gran-being-forced-2340579

You would think - bearing in mind it's actually proved to help in her case - that she could be given special case treatment, wouldn't you?

You would think - bearing in mind it's actually proved to help in her case - that she could be given special case treatment, wouldn't you?

My thoughts as well. Hope she gets some help one way or another. I wonder if the mystery donor was that Scottish couple who won the lottery? They seemed to help a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back