Scared to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So i just had my 3rd hypo of week after having none for 3 weeks. Thd last one was the 27th and i know why that was. Im know scared to work an 8 hour shift.

So i just had my 3rd hypo of week after having none for 3 weeks. Thd last one was the 27th and i know why that was. Im know scared to work an 8 hour shift.
Just reduce your insulin on work days for the time being until you work out how your body reacts to the work environment and make sure you carry glucose in your pockets.

Hi Ray, unfortunately some days you will have hypos that bounce along all day. The best thing to do is to keep some glucose in your pocket, like Dextros tabs or jelly babies, or perhaps a sugary drink. If you are having a really bad hypo day you can eat a sandwich and skip the bolus. Keep an eye on your Libre (if you are using one) or finger prick more often.
Hypos tend to travel in groups, so after you've had one hypo be prepared for low glucose the rest of the day.

Always remember to keep glucose in your pocket.
I do have libre and its looking like i cant trust this sensor its being super out. Plus they always fail.

Tell your supervisor too so that you can stop and treat it ASAP. As well as Dextro, take snack things like flapjacks and chocolate biscuits, etc etc.

It is scary but as long as you’re prepared, it will be ok. I agree with Sue that cutting your insulin is sensible even if only temporarily.

I was actully pretty plesed with myslef today. I went ny what my blood glucose montier this rather then what libre was telling me i removed that this evening because it was still being way off. I had already planed to adjust my insullin. So my finger pick this 5.2 and when i got in 4.9 so i ended up almost exactlly where i started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back