scared about going to prodiatrists tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i have an appointment with the protiatrist tomorrow. it says on the letter that it will be a 40min appointment 😱 i realy dont know what to expect when i get there, does anyone know what i will have done? the thought of someone touching my feet is scaring me as my feet are realy senitive an sore.
started having pins an needles, numbness and senitivity about 7yr ago, my feet burn up when my shoes are on so i wear flipflops indoors, when im out walking i find it getting harder to walk as my feet get very numb and sore, in bed at night is the worst as my feet just go out of control jumping an tingling to the extent that they keep from getting off to sleep and even the duvet touching them drives me mad. sorry for the moan, im realy scared about this appointment tomorrow as i know they will probley have to touch my feet. xxx

Your podiatrist will ask some questions about your symptoms and your medical history. Then, with your consent, they will examine your problem and decide on the best course of treatment and/or advice. Your privacy and dignity will always be respected. You will have the chance to ask any questions.

You are invited to be fully involved in any decisions about your care. The need for any further appointments will be discussed. Any treatment that may be offered will be explained, including the possible benefits and any risks. Advice will be included on how you can help yourself.

You have the right to decline podiatry treatment at any stage without affecting your future care.

Tracey, don't worry my dear, it's really not so bad 🙂 They do various little tests to check your sensitivity and pulses, and to check for any damage like cuts or blisters, or things like corns etc. Here's what happened to me when I last went:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=1363

Tell the podiatrist everything that you have experienced. I suspect much of it is due to your improving sugar levels since you were diagnosed - your nerves can become more sensitive for a while as your levels drop down to more normal numbers 🙂

Tracey, don't worry my dear, it's really not so bad 🙂 They do various little tests to check your sensitivity and pulses, and to check for any damage like cuts or blisters, or things like corns etc. Here's what happened to me when I last went:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=1363

Tell the podiatrist everything that you have experienced. I suspect much of it is due to your improving sugar levels since you were diagnosed - your nerves can become more sensitive for a while as your levels drop down to more normal numbers 🙂

thanks northerner, i hope i get good news tomorrow like you did. i hope they can sort my feet out so they dont feel numb or tingly anymore, i have it consent, never have a day without pain in them.

Your podiatrist will ask some questions about your symptoms and your medical history. Then, with your consent, they will examine your problem and decide on the best course of treatment and/or advice. Your privacy and dignity will always be respected. You will have the chance to ask any questions.

You are invited to be fully involved in any decisions about your care. The need for any further appointments will be discussed. Any treatment that may be offered will be explained, including the possible benefits and any risks. Advice will be included on how you can help yourself.

You have the right to decline podiatry treatment at any stage without affecting your future care.

thanks for the imformation steff 🙂

i have an appointment with the protiatrist tomorrow. it says on the letter that it will be a 40min appointment 😱 i realy dont know what to expect when i get there, does anyone know what i will have done? the thought of someone touching my feet is scaring me as my feet are realy senitive an sore.
started having pins an needles, numbness and senitivity about 7yr ago, my feet burn up when my shoes are on so i wear flipflops indoors, when im out walking i find it getting harder to walk as my feet get very numb and sore, in bed at night is the worst as my feet just go out of control jumping an tingling to the extent that they keep from getting off to sleep and even the duvet touching them drives me mad. sorry for the moan, im realy scared about this appointment tomorrow as i know they will probley have to touch my feet. xxx

Sorry to hear about your poor feet. I thought I would answer because I suffer from RLS, Restless Leg Syndrome. I have medication to take at night because the problem starts when you start to relax and get sleepy. My legs jerk about and i also get a' pulling' sensation and I have to walk about alot to get rid of it.(other people have different symptoms) I hope you don't have, it but it could be worth talking to the podiatrist about it. Take care and good luck Sheena

When I saw the podiatrist I told them how ticklish my feet are, just so they knew, and they were brilliant. My toe nails even got a much needed trim and I hardly felt a thing!

They will also look at your shoes and advise about the shoes you ought to be wearing. When I went because there was someone wearing flip flops for street wear they got told off, but you only wear them in the house, so you should be OK.

I find the weight of sheets and blanketts too much on my feet at night, so I have a blanketket support which helps immensly as it keeps everything off my feet and lower legs.

Sorry to hear about your poor feet. I thought I would answer because I suffer from RLS, Restless Leg Syndrome. I have medication to take at night because the problem starts when you start to relax and get sleepy. My legs jerk about and i also get a' pulling' sensation and I have to walk about alot to get rid of it.(other people have different symptoms) I hope you don't have, it but it could be worth talking to the podiatrist about it. Take care and good luck Sheena

thanks sheena, i will defintly mention that to her tomorrow xxx

When I saw the podiatrist I told them how ticklish my feet are, just so they knew, and they were brilliant. My toe nails even got a much needed trim and I hardly felt a thing!

They will also look at your shoes and advise about the shoes you ought to be wearing. When I went because there was someone wearing flip flops for street wear they got told off, but you only wear them in the house, so you should be OK.

I find the weight of sheets and blanketts too much on my feet at night, so I have a blanketket support which helps immensly as it keeps everything off my feet and lower legs.

thanks caroline, i would have a habit of going outside in my flipflops to bring in the washing ect, but ive got a pair now that have a thick spongy sole on them, they are so cosy and keep my feet cool.
what is a blanketket if you dont mind me asking? xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back