Scans reveal intricate brain wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Scientists are set to release the first batch of data from a project designed to create the first map of the human brain.

The project could help shed light on why some people are naturally scientific, musical or artistic.

Some of the first images were shown at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Boston.

I found out how researchers are developing new brain imaging techniques for the project by having my own brain scanned.

Scientists at Massachusetts General Hospital are pushing brain imaging to its limit using a purpose built scanner. It is one of the most powerful scanners in the world.

The scanner's magnets need 22MW of electricity - enough to power a nuclear submarine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21487016

As appretice electricians me & mate called people "Not Wired up right" if they wernt behaving 🙄 Now i know its true 😉

I think the pics are utterly fab.

Only thing is, there do seem to be some loose wires in there (esp in the first pic) and those concern me a bit !

Having been married to a chap whose first trade was electrickery (wiring up switchpanels for the CEGB, just the odd 250,000 volts, nothing trivial LOL) I always understood 'frayed' wiring was to be avoided at all costs !

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back