Scan date and puzzlement

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
been given a date for my scan after been diagnosed with a abdominal mass, i am worried about having an unknown but all you can do is ride things like this out.

what does puzzle me is that i got a call out of the blue that my own doctor is wanting to chat with me early next week which seems slightly odd to say i haven't had the scan done yet.

all i was told it regards my bloods not sure what is wrong as i presumed things were okay although borderline. also chat about diabetes, hmm.

the only thing which seems to stick out is that my iron is only slightly down but nothing really to worry about so am at a loss.

i have had a mini op replacement tube yesterday which went well although once the pain relief goes it feels like i am hit with a sledge hammer but normally settles down after a good few days, these have been ongoing for a long time. the downside is that bugs can get in and boy has it given me a rough ride over the years, still all ways get through them.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ah well - a voyage of discovery!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wishing you well and fingers crossed that it is something that can be quickly sorted x

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glass half full, me! better to travel hopefully an all that. Plus I reckon being positive aids the body's ability to fight things. Bloomin good luck with it anyway.

Midnightcatpatrol

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
been given a date for my scan after been diagnosed with a abdominal mass, i am worried about having an unknown but all you can do is ride things like this out.

what does puzzle me is that i got a call out of the blue that my own doctor is wanting to chat with me early next week which seems slightly odd to say i haven't had the scan done yet.

all i was told it regards my bloods not sure what is wrong as i presumed things were okay although borderline. also chat about diabetes, hmm.

the only thing which seems to stick out is that my iron is only slightly down but nothing really to worry about so am at a loss.

i have had a mini op replacement tube yesterday which went well although once the pain relief goes it feels like i am hit with a sledge hammer but normally settles down after a good few days, these have been ongoing for a long time. the downside is that bugs can get in and boy has it given me a rough ride over the years, still all ways get through them.
How was this abdominal mass found? Someone felt it?

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
it was actually found on examination done by a doctor who used to be a consultant urologist. i honestly thought to god i only had some kind of infection.

any way got the papers through this morning and apparently it is a double scan.