Saw the podiatrist today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
And everything is good re the nueropathy. Pulses are brill, could feel every poke with the filament thing.

However, the issues I've had recently with my right foot and the cramping is because the muscles in my calves and feet are too tight and so its caused slight scarring to the tendon in my right foot. It requires mild self administered physio, stretches daily etc and believe it or not, rolling my foot over a cold can of coke. She reckons it's going to take about 6 weeks for any improvement and I've been told to wear my running shoes for the majority of the time.

Glad it's nothing more serious, but I have to tell you guys, it does hurt like anything. When I'm sat down its ok but when I stand up and there's pressure on the muscles thats when it really hurts! So I've got an appointment in 6 weeks and a rigerous stretching routine to do every day!

Good news that all is OK and that the pain should go after the stretching! 🙂 Did she say whether it should be diet coke? :D

Hi sam my other half had to do the same thing but what he did was filled a 500ml bottle of coke and put it in the freezer waited till it hardended up into ice and rolled that along his foot, i was amazed he could do it but he did.

p.s glad the neuropathy has not got any worse x

Hi sam my other half had to do the same thing but what he did was filled a 500ml bottle of coke and put it in the freezer waited till it hardended up into ice and rolled that along his foot, i was amazed he could do it but he did.

p.s glad the neuropathy has not got any worse x

Not sure if actual ice would be a good idea for a diabetic though, could damage the skin :(

Not sure if actual ice would be a good idea for a diabetic though, could damage the skin :(

I know i wasnt actually advocating sam doing that was just saying what my other half did, no relevence really but you know ..🙄

I know i wasnt actually advocating sam doing that was just saying what my other half did, no relevence really but you know ..🙄

Now the weather has got colder my feet are like blocks of ice to start with! 😱 They were like that before diabetes though, so can't really blame it 🙄

good stuff sam ..glad to hear all pulses and the rest good ..i have numbness in my big toes ..but my dsn says its the pluses that are important x

LOL!!!!

I got 2 cans of real coke to stick at the back of the fridge so I'm not tempted to drink them :D even matt hates real coke so he won't touch them either LMAO!

I just did a round of it and BLIMEY was it cold!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back