saw gp today

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
saw gp today to get scripts sorted out before i start full time work 🙂eek: i am terrified) and he didnt want to give me strips... first time hes quieried it ...i told him that i hardly test these days last pot was given to me in june and how i have used my results to get my morning readings down from always 7.2 to 6.9 more often than not ...i said i really didnt have the energy to argue about it ...and guess what he gave me some ! he also said i need to have HbA1c done 1x year now as my control has been so good 6.4 !

Wonder why he was being reluctant over strips then, especially when he gave you them in the end anyways :confused:...What do you think about your hbA yearly then ?? x

Wonder why he was being reluctant over strips then, especially when he gave you them in the end anyways :confused:...What do you think about your hbA yearly then ?? x

probably cos i burst into tears !!

probably cos i burst into tears !!

Aww i must try that one with OH when i need his credit card..

No seriously if work is terrifying you so much could you not pop in before you start and get a feel for the place? x

am going to when i get my Birth cert and ref through ...as for yearly HbA1c s well sure it will be ok !

am going to when i get my Birth cert and ref through ...as for yearly HbA1c s well sure it will be ok !

Well your doing great, getting your morning numbers down that far is really good hun, that was my sore point for ages waking on about 8-9 to 10 for ages i was now like you im under 7 x

What an unnecessary palaver over the strips! Glad he saw sense.

Try not to worry about the job Am - you were chosen because of the wonderful person you are, and you'll be a real asset to them. I'm sure you'll settle into it in next to no time. I know it can be difficult and daunting when you haven't worked for a while, but you have the intelligence and the skills, plus a great sense of humour to get you through!

Try not to worry about the job Am - you were chosen because of the wonderful person you are, and you'll be a real asset to them. I'm sure you'll settle into it in next to no time. I know it can be difficult and daunting when you haven't worked for a while, but you have the intelligence and the skills, plus a great sense of humour to get you through!

I'd defo give you the job with a reference like that 😉

You'll do fine Am. It is nerve wracking I know but in a weeks time you'll be all settled and made new friends 🙂

Glad you have the strips but what is their problem with this? It happens all too often and annoys me that we all struggle whatever our diabetes is labelled as and at the end of the day (as i am sure others have probably said) testing our blood confirms how our BG is (it is common sense). Oh yes..costs! Crazy. When for anything else there's master card!! They should get signed up 😛

Bernie xx

Awww thanks Northe that was a really nice thing to say x🙂

I'd defo give you the job with a reference like that 😉

You'll do fine Am. It is nerve wracking I know but in a weeks time you'll be all settled and made new friends 🙂

Glad you have the strips but what is their problem with this? It happens all too often and annoys me that we all struggle whatever our diabetes is labelled as and at the end of the day (as i am sure others have probably said) testing our blood confirms how our BG is (it is common sense). Oh yes..costs! Crazy. When for anything else there's master card!! They should get signed up 😛

Bernie xx

thanks bernie x i'll be fine Im sure 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back