Saw a pump today for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My colleague has got a pump this week! He was very helpful and demonstrated it to me today, and even let me look at his tummy :D

I think it was called a Mini-med? Have to say I was surprised by how small it was, I don't think anybody else noticed it attached to his waistband. I've seen pictures of them before, but it was good to see one in real life.

He seemed to be getting on quite well for his first week, and quite optimistic about it all.

Don't think I meet the criteria for a pump at the moment, but it would certainly help with all my different activities, I think.

One thing I couldn't work out though was where I'd put one if I wore a dress? I'm quite "straight-up and down" in my figure so there's nowhere to hide a pump in my bra. Any suggestions, lady-pumpers?

You can attach it backwards so the body of it is inside your bra, makes it less obtrusive that way but isn't as comfortable :D

The minimed that you saw is the Medtronic pump that we all talk about.

im ver much the same as you buildwise but wear dresses aaall the time - slip it to my bra anyways and 9 times out of 10 no one notices 🙂 most of my clothes are tight fitting too 🙂

Mine hides in my pocket all the time. That or when i'm wearing shorts I clip it to the inside of the waist of them. There are many places to hide pumps.

Y old work colleagues were quite disapointed when they saw my pump not sure what they were expecting though in truth..

I've only tried the bra once, as I'm too stright and down, my hubby took the right old mick out of me, as there was no way of hidding the lump...

I don't do dress (the only dress in my wardrobe is my wedding dress) nor skits unless I really really have too..

But some do the bra, or get the case that clips off the side of the bra, so pump in underneath the arm... Other's wear there pump in holsters on the thighs, or if it's got pockets adapt this for pump, even saw in baby socks to make a little pocket inside..

Thanks for everyone's replies. Had a play with a similarly sized mobile phone and I don't think the front of the bra is an option! But yes, under arm or making a little pocket inside might be an option. It's all hypothetical anyway, as I don't meet the criteria, but I was just interested in case it became an option in future.

Tom, I love the way you felt comfortable enough to join in a thread about wearing dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back