saturday night in A&E

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
hi guys yesterday graham cut his forehead when playing with friends (i never seen so much blood in my life ) call ambulance straight away took 10 to 15 min. and i specified he was diabetic and on the phone they sayd not to give any insuline (do they think i am stupid?)then hospital at 8:45 we left at midnight i am thinking to complain about the ambulance i think it was too long and in hospital i was keep asking for priority he was the only child and he was falling at sleep not very good with an head injury finally had 3 stitches and they use a cocaine gel to anestethise the wound he did not even cry now is very happy especially because he will be off school a few days

Oh Daniela! So sorry to hear of Graham's accident, but hugely relieved to hear that he is now well and happy. It must have been an extremely worrying time for you all - Graham is such a brave boy! I hope that he continues to recover and that it doesn't affect his sugar levels too much. Get well soon Graham! 🙂

thanks northerner his sugar was 10 when he had the accident i was really keep monitoringhim 14 by 9:30 after levemir and 24 when we were home this morning was6.9 so i am not too worried

Hope you feel better soon Graham, I think you need some treats and a nice magazine to keep you occupied!:DBev

I hope Graham is well now. It is scarey when a child has a bang to the head. When my big boy fell and hit his head aged about 3 his nose bled for ages, and he kept wanting to fall asleep. Having had his head xrayed, the hospital gave me a list of things to do and not do for the next 24 hours. We laugh about it now (he's 24), but it scared me at the time.

Hope you feel better soon Graham, I think you need some treats and a nice magazine to keep you occupied!:DBev

haa haa tell this to my husbund i am doing housework now not really a treat

I hope Graham is well now. It is scarey when a child has a bang to the head. When my big boy fell and hit his head aged about 3 his nose bled for ages, and he kept wanting to fall asleep. Having had his head xrayed, the hospital gave me a list of things to do and not do for the next 24 hours. We laugh about it now (he's 24), but it scared me at the time.

yes we have lots of leaflet from the hospital i already book the nurse tomorrow to check the wound

hi we were considering to buy graham christmas present now on tv they advertise a kind of armour for children it will be good now for him to have on all time when is out are we too sarcastic me and my husbund? it look like something happen every week is always graham never one of his friends

hi we were considering to buy graham christmas present now on tv they advertise a kind of armour for children it will be good now for him to have on all time when is out are we too sarcastic me and my husbund? it look like something happen every week is always graham never one of his friends

He's obviously more brave and adventurous than his friends! 🙂

i am going to tell the other parents you really make me feel proud of my boy

My mum has six grandchildren. It is a standing joke that every one of them has had their head examined. After various falls, trips and awkward landingd from swings and slides, every one of them has had at least one visit to A & E.

Children are very resilient and can take quite a lot, although it is always good to keep an eye on things and get them checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back