Satsuma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ok having been diagnosed in July 2018, and a previous massive consumer of oranges, tangerines and sataumas. I gave them all up. But today I decided for no reason in particular to eat a satsuma. Checked carbs snd cals ( so helpful) and saw my little sat was aprox 5 carbs. Reader, I can report it was absolutely delicious.Super yum

Ok having been diagnosed in July 2018, and a previous massive consumer of oranges, tangerines and sataumas. I gave them all up. But today I decided for no reason in particular to eat a satsuma. Checked carbs snd cals ( so helpful) and saw my little sat was aprox 5 carbs. Reader, I can report it was absolutely delicious.Super yum
At this time of year I allow myself a treat and have some pieces of clementine or satsumas. My husband has the main part and I get a segment or two. Once or twice I have a whole one and make sure it fits in my daily allowance and/or do some exercise afterwards to reduce the carbs effect on me.
I think if we can keep in control then a little treat now and then is wonderful.
Glad you enjoyed Sharron1

At this time of year I allow myself a treat and have some pieces of clementine or satsumas. My husband has the main part and I get a segment or two. Once or twice I have a whole one and make sure it fits in my daily allowance and/or do some exercise afterwards to reduce the carbs effect on me.
I think if we can keep in control then a little treat now and then is wonderful.
Glad you enjoyed Sharron1
Thank you. Now I have to simply forget just how fab they are...
Glad yo

Now I simply need to forget just how tasty they are. Not so easy

Hi Sharon, no need to give them up. At only 5 g of carbs they are much less than say a digestive biscuit, and would make a nice snack between meals.
Enjoy !
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back