Same HbA1c as before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanMom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Just got K's results from last week - 7.3% which is the same as the last test in September! Pleased with it as was convinced it would be higher, but hubby is never going to believe it - will think they have just copied result from last one!

I dont understand why the figure is so low - according to my Dr Hanas book the figure is 50% made up of the levels 7-30 days before the test so that would be most of October. K had no hypos at all in October - the last time she tested below 4 during the test period (she has since the test was done) was when she had a late night on 1st October (3.4) before that in Sept she did have two or three hypos a week for about 3 weeks (she had just started her new school). Other than that I would say three quarters of her regular readings were above 10 in October and she had 20 readings over 15 during that time.
I know something must be bringing the HbA1c down and worry that she must be having lots of spikes and dips to get it that way. Surely this must be bad for her? Sorry if I am being dim (again!)

Just got K's results from last week - 7.3% which is the same as the last test in September! Pleased with it as was convinced it would be higher, but hubby is never going to believe it - will think they have just copied result from last one!

I dont understand why the figure is so low - according to my Dr Hanas book the figure is 50% made up of the levels 7-30 days before the test so that would be most of October. K had no hypos at all in October - the last time she tested below 4 during the test period (she has since the test was done) was when she had a late night on 1st October (3.4) before that in Sept she did have two or three hypos a week for about 3 weeks (she had just started her new school). Other than that I would say three quarters of her regular readings were above 10 in October and she had 20 readings over 15 during that time.
I know something must be bringing the HbA1c down and worry that she must be having lots of spikes and dips to get it that way. Surely this must be bad for her? Sorry if I am being dim (again!)

It's difficult to know really, but I'd say that if she's not getting many hypos, then whilst she seems to be getting a few spikes, the overall levels would seem to be pretty much on the money most of the time. The high levels would seem to not be hanging around for long, which is good.

Andy

You can only really tell if there are large ups and downs from the records you keep..................so for peace of mind, being happy with the levels we record and the HbA1c is what we all strive for I suppose...

For me getting a good HbA1c is top of my list, at the moment, a few hypos on the way doesnt bother me just yet, but it will if it happens too much hence losing ability to detect lows.......

7.3 is really good though, well done K, thats what I am expecting to get this friday......last one was 8.0 I think.....

Well done to Katie and you. 7.3% is brilliant.🙂

It's difficult to know really, but I'd say that if she's not getting many hypos, then whilst she seems to be getting a few spikes, the overall levels would seem to be pretty much on the money most of the time. The high levels would seem to not be hanging around for long, which is good.

Andy

Agreed.

Congratulations on the A1c - you must be relieved! Well done to you both 🙂

Great HBA1c well done to you and K 🙂

K had no hypos at all in October

Wow! Wish I knew your secret there!

Mike - its easy to have no hypos if you run too high all the time :(

Thanks for encouragement everyone and I'd be happy with any number (within reason) if she felt well but most of October she was feeling preety awful. had enough of being told 'its her age' before she was dx, dont really feel able to accept it now.

Sorry to vent (yet again)

Well- ho hum - 20.2 at bedtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back