Salty food after tummy upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else noticed that they want salty foods after they have had an upset tummy? I was wondering if it's just me.😡

After an upset tummy I usually go for diet coke and thinks like salted peanuts or ready salted crisps or anything elese to hand that might be salty. Anything sweet (especially chocolate and cakes)makes me feel ill again. I just wondered if others felt the same.

Its probably something to do with the chemical make up of your body. When you are ill you lose alot of electrolyes and so the chemical balance of your body goes on the wonk. Its your body telling you what it needs to right itself!

Clever stuff really! 🙂

(Thats why people take things like alkaseltzer (sp!) for a hangover 🙂)

there have been times in the past after a heavy night out that i havent been able to keep water down, but if I had a packet of ready salted crisps to hand, that would sort me out :D

The body is an amazing piece of work, I always find it amazing when I know I fancy some fruit say.

Katie I find it funny when I can't keep water down too, or eat an orange too quickly and it re-appears!! Not good when driving too!! I find fizzy drinks also sort or help sort the head mind body and soul!

Thanks everyone. Hubby always says oranges help after an upset tummy. We are all different.

Diet coke straight from the fridge when i first wake up - sounds disgusting but does the job for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back