Salter Nutri-Weigh scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munjeeta

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My nurse has been telling me for some time to invest in these scales. I finally managed to organise myself last week! Has anybody else used them or heard of them?

They're fab! You put the food onto them, find the food in the scales' database and it tells you the nutritional value of the food, including carbohydrates. It's started to make my life so much easier already!

Home cooked food from scratch is still a bit of an effort as ingredients needs to be weighed separately but the scales have an adding feature where you can get the total from lots of different foods. Definitely saves on the maths! I would recommend them... Obviously they were invented for dieters not diabetics, but I'm not complaining about the technology 🙂

A couple of friends who go to slimming groups have talked about them and said they were quite good.

A couple of friends who go to slimming groups have talked about them and said they were quite good.

As I understand it Munjeeta, they are prob the best to buy.
The Lloyds scales have a few faults in their data base so hence they are so cheap. Best avoided.

My nurse has been telling me for some time to invest in these scales. I finally managed to organise myself last week! Has anybody else used them or heard of them?

They're fab! You put the food onto them, find the food in the scales' database and it tells you the nutritional value of the food, including carbohydrates. It's started to make my life so much easier already!

Home cooked food from scratch is still a bit of an effort as ingredients needs to be weighed separately but the scales have an adding feature where you can get the total from lots of different foods. Definitely saves on the maths! I would recommend them... Obviously they were invented for dieters not diabetics, but I'm not complaining about the technology 🙂

Where did you get your scales from? I just looked at the Argos website and they had plenty of scales, but not these

Thanks Steff, I have got so used to buying books and music from Amazon I never think of them for anything else.

no problems hun
like you i use it for books loads lol

Just orderd my scales, the expensive ones for use at home and a cheaper set I can use at work, my boss will love me, she is always on a diet.

LOL well done , i got a set i been using about 10 years they never lie (mores the pity) 🙂🙂

Sometimes there is just too much information. Think they will probably help hubby too. He retires in August and tells me he is going to take over ALL of the cooking.

She's so quick...........best price I have found was Amazon. Well done Steff

I've had two sets of these dietary scales and find they're very accurate (down to the gram). But I can find the carbs on the packet, work out how much I need (in my head) and then weigh the amount I need.

All in all, by the time I've selected the food type, or nearest to it, weighed it and then read the carbs I could have just calculated how much I needed, weighed it and got it in the pan!

Might just be me though 🙄 All said and done its a great discipline to get into though, really controls your insulin in-take.

Last edited:
Yes, the Salter Nutri-Weigh scales.

I got mine from the Boots website. Probably not the cheapest but not too bad as were on sale. ?32 I think...

I agree Einstein, it can take a while, but because I get all fuddled with carb counting it takes the pressure off a little!! :confused:

If only the scales would stop me wanting that bread and cheese! Seriously tho, whether on insulin or not, I do believe that the more aware we are of what we are eating and it's make up then the wiser choices may just be more likely. I know I've been surprised at some carbohydrate values as I've been watching those in an effort to keep my blood glucose within the ranges for Type 2s

We have one of the Lloyds nutriscales. 😛 Might look at getting one of these sometime.

How are the Salters scales better than the Lloyds ones?

We have one of the Lloyds nutriscales. 😛 Might look at getting one of these sometime.

How are the Salters scales better than the Lloyds ones?

Some of the carbs in the data base are wrong
I posted this on quite a few sites and all messages came back that it wasn't just my scales.
Try weighing a sausage role and asking the carb value.
Hopefully they have fixed the fault.
There were other errors too..
This is a major concern if you use MDI and carb count and or pump.

Ah cheers Sue. Don't normally eat sausage rolls. 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back