Salicylic Acid "Do Not Use If You Are Diabetic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin_98

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a pretty painful corn on my foot.
I used one of those little corn patches w/salicylic acid several months back (before I noticed the warning about using them as a diabetic) and it worked VERY well. No pain or discomfort and it completely got rid of the corn. There was a bit of a hole in my foot, but I think that was just like the "root" or whatever of the corn itself had gone, not the medicated patch causing a hole.
After a couple months it grew back but didn't get that painful and fell off by itself.
It's back AGAIN and bad enough to cause a very slight limp.
Is it safe to use one of the patches again if it was fine the last time and I keep an eye on it?

Most foot products carry a warning about diabetes, because there can be issues with loss of sensation and causing injury that isn’t felt.

I think the official advice would be to check with your Dr and get their input.

I have used similar things in the past, and accepted the risk, because I still have full sensitivity in my tootsies.

I wonder why yours keeps returning? You might want to get it checked out for that if nothing else?

I wouldn’t use it @Austin_98 Its not worth the risk. I’ve seen an absolutely gross pic of someone who used a similar thing (a foot peel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back