sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I am just indulging in my sadness today and I wanted to share something with you all that breaks my heart.
Today Alex asked me 'if you could choose between me and you who would be diabetic - which one would you choose? I was just about to answer when he interrupted and said 'dont worry mum - i wouldnt want you to be diabetic because you have Kate and Han to look after whereas I only have me - so its easier'. I just cant express how sad this makes me feel - he is so lovely and fair and is mature beyond his years. Sorry - I am just feeling very emotional about all the sad news I have heard today. Bev

bev you have got a real star there...xxx

Aww, Bev, what a lovely and unselfish thing for him to say - most kids don't give a monkey's how much stuff their mum has to do, they usually only think of themselves. He sounds like an absolute treasure.

xx

Can't wait to see you and Alex and Hannah in May. xx

I hope jessica grows up to be like alex he's such a sweet boy you should be so proud of him. What's the saying smart head on young shoulders I think that's definately the case with alex xx

I hope jessica grows up to be like alex he's such a sweet boy you should be so proud of him. What's the saying smart head on young shoulders I think that's definately the case with alex xx

Its so hard when your a mum and you will do anything to protect your child - but you cant do anything about diabetes and it makes me so sad that Alex is so thoughtful and giving. With you as a mum - I am certain that J will grow up to be a lovely little girl. Bev x

Alex is wonderful, I want to give you both a great big hug and for Alex to have as many sweets as he likes.

What a lovely son you have, Bev. A real star.

I totally understand how emotional it is to be the mum of a diabetic child. You are doing so well Bev. Keep strong.

Sending hugs. x

Last edited:
Oh, what an un-selfish thing for Alex to say, Bev. It just goes to show what a very good young man he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back