Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve been told this evening that a member of the forum that some of you may remember @sunset709 sadly passed away last Friday.

Both he and his wife @Midsummer briefly joined the forum looking for support for his motor neuropathy diagnosis, and @mikeyB was able to spot that something else was going on and provide very helpful support and advice about Motor Neurone Disease.

“Very peaceful, as is the way with MND, he just hadn't got the strength to breathe. Still laughing and joking right up to the end. She did kindly thank me for the help and support I'd given him.”

Yes, we had around 15 pages of PMs to and fro. We swapped tips of how to manage with limited mobilty - I got kit he recommended and vice versa, always cheerful despite his worsening problems. Half the time we swapped tales of his support of Sunderland and mine of Blackburn Rovers. And cursing the state of home care in England, though he did pass away in a local hospice, where he received faultless care to the end.

In fact, I logged on the forum this morning for our usual Monday chat about football, never expecting the red signal on my PM to convey that news from his wife, who tended his every need. He died holding her hand, moments after mouthing the words “I love you”.

I remember his thread. Such sad news. Much love to his wife, his family and everyone who held him dear.

That’s really unfortunate. Much love to his family and wife.

Rest in peace Steve and my condolences to his family. A lovely man lost to the world.

Condolences to his family.

Very sad news. Heartfelt condolences to those who knew and loved him.

Condolences to all his family and friends. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back