Sad news about forum member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally W

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’m sorry if this has already been posted, but just in case it hasn’t…

I’ve recently become aware of a forum member and good friend ‘Karnak’ aka Ted, who died Dec 23.

He was a lovely, kind person.

I’ve recently become aware of a forum member and good friend ‘Karnak’ aka Ted, who died Dec 23.
I don't recall seeing a previous post about this. I remember Ted as being pretty active on the Forum but whose last contribution seems to have been back in March 2022. It's always sad to hear about any member passing away,

Oh No! I am so sad! I think about Ted regularly and wonder how he is getting on. He had a lot of near misses with his diabetes (his blue light taxi service as he sometimes called it) but always remained upbeat and wanted to help others here. I was really sad when he decided to leave the forum. Sincerest condolences to his family. Not sure if I want to wish him to rest in peace but more likely continue his antics into the next life, as I doubt he would ever be happy being peaceful and quiet. He certainly was a character and with a big heart!

He was a lovely, kind person.
Oh that’s so sad. He was a lovely fellow and good craic. He “disappeared” quite a while ago I recall.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea.

RIP Ted KARNAK. Thanks for everything you brought to the forum, and the help and support you offered to others by sharing your experiences, especially of managing changes in feet and legs, and nerve pain :(

So sorry to hear this.

Aah - that's sad. I liked his posts - normally upbeat despite his own probs. :(

Thanks for letting us know Sally
I am so sorry to hear that. I remember meeting him at a Bristol meet up.
A kind and supportive person.

RIP I liked him. :(

And Michael Mosley too, I hate when people go. I know we have to make room for new ones but I wish we could all go peacefully in our beds at 100.

@Flower @everydayupsanddowns @Robin @SB2015 @rebrascora @eggyg @Northerner and all.

Apologies for delay: got locked out and couldn’t reset my password!

Yes so very kind and I remember meeting him at Bristol with some of you. Beyond that I spoke to him on phone regularly & his generosity was beyond measure. His son told me and it wasn’t cancer that got him but he was hit by a car and didn’t recover. I can get a message to his son and will pass on your condolences

@Flower @everydayupsanddowns @Robin @SB2015 @rebrascora @eggyg @Northerner and all.

Apologies for delay: got locked out and couldn’t reset my password!

Yes so very kind and I remember meeting him at Bristol with some of you. Beyond that I spoke to him on phone regularly & his generosity was beyond measure. His son told me and it wasn’t cancer that got him but he was hit by a car and didn’t recover. I can get a message to his son and will pass on your condolences
Sad that such a unforeseen occurrence was the cause.
Seeing your logo, here is a picture of a stained glass Snoopy I have made.snoopy.JPG

Very sad….but I absolutely love your Snoopy! Thanks for sharing. What a talent you have- is it a hobby?

Yes, please do convey our condolences and let him know that he was a loved and respected member of our community. Really sad that his life was ended in an unfortunate car accident like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back