rushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi
can anyone help i was rushing this morning and i pulled out my needle too quick and some of the insulin did not go in it was lantus. any advise what should i do?

many thanks G

Can't offer any advice, but hope everything will be OK

hiya , unless you know how much was lost there is not a lot you can do about it , all i can suggest is that you keep and eye on your blood sugar do lots of tests during the day as you may find you need a small adjustment to your short acting insulin and then take the next slow acting when its next due
hope you dont get any problems

Done it on more than one occasion !! 🙄

Agree with Bex. Test, test and test. Give adjustments where necessary.

Rob

Easily done... Especially with thse wretched Autopens. Rubbish! Whenever I've had leakage like that it has been quite a small amount.

If you want some reassurance take your Lantus pen andcarefully 'airshot' 2 units or so straight down onto a clean surface. That will give you a reckoner of how much short your dose might have been.

Best bet is probably just to assume your BGs will run a little high and keep an eye on them using correction doses of rapid-acting if you are confident in doing that. Either that or go for a nice long walk 🙂

M

Thank you, your advise was great my levels were ok even lower than I thought thank you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back