Run the NHS like PC World, says Britain?s leading doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The NHS must adopt the ?more-for-less? mentality of businesses such as PC World or Dixons if it is to survive in its current form, Britain?s top doctor has warned.

Speaking to The Independent, Sir Bruce Keogh said that the ?inbuilt mindset that better quality costs more? had to change as the health service enters a new era of austerity.

The Medical Director of the NHS said hospital bosses must learn from retailers that manage to drive prices down while offering ever-more sophisticated products.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rld-says-britains-leading-doctor-8735618.html

Erm...Dixons and PC World = quality? My a*se! 🙄

I thought it already was - I mean most of the people in PC world haven't a clue about what they are selling.

Have to say, I recently got very good service from PC world on 2 occasions. I wanted to browse to look at PCs, then ask questions, and assistants were happy to leave me alone until I asked. Went home and checked prices online, then returned, as the one I wanted was better value in shop, plus wouldn't have to hang around waiting for delivery.

A few weeks later, I went to buy a mouse and case, and an assistant pointed out that a combined mouse and case deal was available online, cheaper than regular instore deal (?15, I think, and as I only wanted basic model of both, that was cheaper for both than for some bags or mice alone), so he reserved it via internet, then I collected from desk. As we completed the deal, he noticed my trail running shoes and asked for advice about running footwear and local races, so chatted abut Parkrun & orienteering. Went away very happy.

Perhaps PC world and Dixons can fix viruses where as the NHS can't :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back