Rubbish week ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've got a GP apointment tomorrow morning when she is no doubt going to tell me that my blood pressure is rubbish. I've also got to sort out the stupid mess with my clinic appointment (annual review) being cancelled and having no consultant all of a sudden.

Then, on Thursday I've got to go to the Eye Hospital because my retinopathy was worse on my last scan in August than it was last year, and I have no idea what they might do :( I'm hoping they just say it needs monitoring, but given the state of my BP over the past three months they'll probably want to zap me or something. I want some beer but daren't have any until I've had ll these appointments because of what it does to my BP! 😱

Whinge over!

Oh Northerner! That all sounds a bit daunting, but at least you get it all out of the way in one week! I always find I feel better aboput these things afterwards... but I know it's not nice to have it hanging over you.

It's rubbish the way you've been left with no consultant, you need some answers there about what's going to happen. I'd be lost without my clinic!

Hope the retinopathy and BP aren't as bad as you're expecting, keep us posted. Can you do some gentle exercise like swimming or something to take your mind off it all and help you unwind?

What A week Northey things all coming at once, hoping it all goes well hun x

Thanks guys. No, I'm still a bit crocked so can't even go running to get some endorphins flowing!

The Eye Hospital is part of Southampton General - it'll be the first time I've been in there since I was diagnosed! 😱 Might have a nosey around the 7 wards I was in (in 8 days!)

Hope all goes well and then you can celebrate with a beer 🙂

Oh Northener I'm sorry that it is going to be a week like this and I wish that there was something that I could do to cheer you up. I will be thinking of you when you're at the eye appointment - and wishing very best wishes that they just want to monitor the eyes. Also hope that the blood pressure is good. Look forward to enjoying your beer at the end of the week.

The week will be over before you know it and you'll wonder what you were worried about. Things are being checked out and looked at, so I'm sure you will be fine and brilliant as always!

Hi Alan, sorry you are a bit frustrated.
Just think when the weekend comes, everything will be sorted and you can have 2 nice cold beers/

Good luck Alan, hope all goes well for you 🙂

Good luck, hope its go well - try and take a day at a time, I know it is easier said than do! x

Oh Northener I'm sorry that it is going to be a week like this and I wish that there was something that I could do to cheer you up. I will be thinking of you when you're at the eye appointment - and wishing very best wishes that they just want to monitor the eyes. Also hope that the blood pressure is good. Look forward to enjoying your beer at the end of the week.

Thanks everyone! AJ, I'm sure if I can just be a tiny bit as brave as you've been I'll be fine 🙂 I've just been to see the GP. Took my BP before going and it was 135/80 - when she took it for the first time it was 154/94! I told her that I had been taking my own (and observed that my monitor is the same make as the one she was using. She looked at my readings and then took the BP a couple more times using the manual gizmo and it had come down a lot. She said she didn't think I needed to increase my meds as my home readings were fine, just to keep monitoring it.

I also got the clinic business sorted out. Apparently, there is a consultant-led clinic at my surgery on a Tuesday, so she is going to refer me to that, which I'm happy with.

I asked her about the eye appointment and she said she thought they would just do a close examination this week to decide if I need any lasering. As the changes are close to my macula, this is the main reason for concern, as my BG levels have been pretty good.

So, not a bad 10 mins spent! 🙂

Am glad to hear it went well and heres a virtual pint to celebrate

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear the GP appointment went well. Hopefully the eye appointment will follow suit. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back