RSV Vaccine and Diabetes 2

Tel Wales

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone,
I apologise if this request for information is out of order.
I am 75 and have a number of ailments, including CLL, Diabetes 2 and heart issues (Atrial Fibrillation) which have affected my immune system.
I have been offered the RSV vaccine as a precaution against chest related issues. However, I have been trying to confirm that it is safe to have the vaccine from a Diabetes perspective? I have had the all clear from a CLL (Leukaemia) perspective but need a similar reassurance regarding Diabetes. I have attempted, without success, to seek an answer at my GP practice and hoped that our organisation may be able to assist, as I would not wish to miss the opportunity of the protection from this vaccine. Has anyone any experience of this vaccine and it's suitability for Diabetics.
Thanking you in anticipation of your assistance
Kind regards
Tel Wales

Welcome to the forum!
Unless someone has been involved in trials you are unlikely to find anyone who has had the vaccine, it was only rolled out this week. I cannot think of any reason why diabetes should be a problem with having it, considering we are urged to have vaccines for flu, Covid, pneumonia.

Welcome @Tel Wales 🙂 You could try giving Diabetes U.K. a call (number at the top of this page). I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be ok.

This site says it’s advised:

Here’s the U.K. information:

And the vaccine leaflet:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Unless someone has been involved in trials you are unlikely to find anyone who has had the vaccine, it was only rolled out this week. I cannot think of any reason why diabetes should be a problem with having it, considering we are urged to have vaccines for flu, Covid, pneumonia.
Thank you Silentsquirrel

Welcome @Tel Wales 🙂 You could try giving Diabetes U.K. a call (number at the top of this page). I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be ok.

This site says it’s advised:

Here’s the U.K. information:

And the vaccine leaflet:

Thank you Inka, I have spoken with Diabetes UK and they are doing a little research into RSV vaccine and I am looking at the information provided by both UK Gov and NHS UK sites

Back