RSPCA rescue cat saves diabetic 8-year-old girl's life THREE TIMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A GIRL who almost slipped into a diabetic coma several times owes her life to her RSPCA rescue cat.

Mia Jansa suffers from type 1 diabetes, meaning that if her blood sugar levels drop too low, she could fall into a life-threatening coma.

But somehow the eight-year-old's beloved cat Pippa seems to understand the her condition and has woken Mia or her mother Laura up in the night when her levels have been dangerously low on three separate occasions.

Pippa became part of the Jansa family when they rescued her from the RSPCA animal centre in Canterbury, Kent, and is now even more important than just a pet.

Mrs Jansa explained: "Two months after we bought Pippa home, I woke up to hear her scratching and meowing in the corridor.

"I got out of bed and she was scratching on Mia's door. I thought she just wanted some attention so shooed her away.

"But as I was up, I decided to test Mia's levels as they had been quite unpredictable that week.

"They were really low - she was having a hypoglycaemic episode."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/47...s-diabetic-8-year-old-girl-s-life-THREE-TIMES

A sweet story 🙂. Not toooo inaccurate, considering it's the Express, except for the bit where it says the hospital altered her diet to cure her hypos.....

A sweet story 🙂. Not toooo inaccurate, considering it's the Express, except for the bit where it says the hospital altered her diet to cure her hypos.....

330g carbs per meal would cure hypos... 😱 😉

What a smart cat and a lovely story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back