Rosemary Conley online weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Hunter

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Having read articles about Rosemary Conley's diet & fitness clubs helping people to slim down and seeing her 'associated' with DUK can I ask if there is anyone who is a member of Rosemary Conleys online slimming group?
I cant get to classes as I have no transport and I wouldnt pay ?5 or so a week to jump on a scales and be told its good or bad news each week when I can easily do it at home saving a bit more money, another reason for being an 'online' member.

I ask as I need something to try and keep me focused at losing weight and feel successful for each pound that falls off rather than a failure at each pound that goes on and I cant think of another way that can get me motivated and keep me positive at the moment and I have no body to team up with around me that need to lose weight as importantly as I do.

Is it a step in the right direction or is there something more suitable?

Thanks 🙂

hi ghost I think it is just a personal choice what is right for you might not be for someoe else , I am not a member myself so i cant give the pros and cons but if you think it is right for you i say go got it!!! , and if you dont like it or you feel it is not for you im sure you can just cancel , I would say you are showing willingness and enthusiam so give it a go it cant hurt

Good luck whatever you decide

Steff x

P.S I AVE FOUND THESE FOR YOU THEY ARE SOME OF WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID WHO ARE ALREADY IN HER DIET!! JUST CLICK THE LINK THIS IS JUST A GENERAL OPINION ON ROSEMARY CONLEYS DIEST NOT TO SURE IF IT IS HER ONLINE ONE BUT IT GIVES YOU A SMALL IDEA

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews9286.html

Hi Steph

Thanks I am feeling very pro-active today. I ordered that book that was mentioned on a different post which will be delivered this week and have been giving myself a refresher course and dusted off and oiled the treadmill and dug out the fitness DVD's lol but I dont know how long the enthusiasm to take self control will last 🙄

The trouble with the online diets is they use such ingredients I would never usualy get myself as its so expensive for 1 person at least (from what I can tell in the first 2 'fat flush' weeks. I suppose I could freeze half a portion to use another day or week instead of buying ready meals

I was only asking as I have seen so many references to no or low carbs and it helping with weight-loss I wondered if I was better giving that a go but it looks so confusing :confused:

Alternatively maybe if I recap on the info I was given for my Food for thought course which was personalised to me it would give ideason a weekly meal planner for a "Diabetes Diet".

Thanks again.

🙂

Hi Steph

I was only asking as I have seen so many references to no or low carbs and it helping with weight-loss I wondered if I was better giving that a go but it looks so confusing :confused:

your telling me i was thinking the exact same yesterday it is all a minefield to me , im so nervous about changing incase i get it all wrong , i stick to exercise to lose weight at the moment and it seems to be working so far.Maybe i will bite the bullet one day :confused:

your telling me i was thinking the exact same yesterday it is all a minefield to me , im so nervous about changing incase i get it all wrong , i stick to exercise to lose weight at the moment and it seems to be working so far.Maybe i will bite the bullet one day :confused:

I could do Tesco e-diets as the shopping list gets delived to the door so no temptations . On the other hand I would miss my daily trip to our local supermarket and the exercise I give me and hubby whilst we there as I purposefully plan the shopping list to go back and foward accross the store rather than in a logical layout order (also allows me to keep tabs on where they keep moving everything to) :D

Thanks 🙂

I could do Tesco e-diets as the shopping list gets delived to the door so no temptations . On the other hand I would miss my daily trip to our local supermarket and the exercise I give me and hubby whilst we there as I purposefully plan the shopping list to go back and foward accross the store rather than in a logical layout order (also allows me to keep tabs on where they keep moving everything to) :D

Thanks 🙂

yeah i like my trips to the supermarket it is a nice walk and exercise is vital also i am not really tempted when im shopping im so used to it now im like a robot i knowexcactly where im going and what im gettin , it is when it is in the fridge just sitting there and it screams " eat me eat me !" lol

yeah i like my trips to the supermarket it is a nice walk and exercise is vital also i am not really tempted when im shopping im so used to it now im like a robot i knowexcactly where im going and what im gettin , it is when it is in the fridge just sitting there and it screams " eat me eat me !" lol

😱 You mean i'm not the only one who hears strange noises coming from the fridge ? What I dont see I cannot eat 😉 - who put that there? :D

😱 You mean i'm not the only one who hears strange noises coming from the fridge ? What I dont see I cannot eat 😉 - who put that there? :D

nope you aint the only 1 those little voices in my head are so hard to contain sometimes :D

Hi

Having read articles about Rosemary Conley's diet & fitness clubs helping people to slim down and seeing her 'associated' with DUK can I ask if there is anyone who is a member of Rosemary Conleys online slimming group?
I cant get to classes as I have no transport and I wouldnt pay ?5 or so a week to jump on a scales and be told its good or bad news each week when I can easily do it at home saving a bit more money, another reason for being an 'online' member.

I ask as I need something to try and keep me focused at losing weight and feel successful for each pound that falls off rather than a failure at each pound that goes on and I cant think of another way that can get me motivated and keep me positive at the moment and I have no body to team up with around me that need to lose weight as importantly as I do.

Is it a step in the right direction or is there something more suitable?

Thanks 🙂

Dear Ghost Hunter,

As Steff says, it really is a personal thing - any diet can be made to work. I'm sure you know that I am a low carber, but more accurately I am a controlled carber. It is just that for me controlled carbs means low carbs, but since we are all different - controlled carbs for you may mean a moderate amount of carbs. The important point here is that you control the amount of carbs you eat so as to achieve your desired blood sugar targets or weight-loss (your choice). I chose controlled carbs as means of achieving good blood sugars - the side effect was weight loss (even though I did not need to lose much anyway!). The one big plus for me was I did not feel hungry on a controlled carb diet. So all I can say is choose a diet, any diet, and go for it. One important thing, if you are on insulin a low carb approach will mean cutting it down - best get the help of your diabetes team

Warmest Regards Dodger

PS If you choose a controlled carb approach - have look at this:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

Last edited:
Dear Ghost Hunter,

As Steff says, it really is a personal thing - any diet can be made to work. I'm sure you know that I am a low carber, but more accurately I am a controlled carber. It is just that for me controlled carbs means low carbs, but since we are all different - controlled carbs for you may mean a moderate amount of carbs. The important point here is that you control the amount of carbs you eat so as to achieve your desired blood sugar targets or weight-loss (your choice). I chose controlled carbs as means of achieving good blood sugars - the side effect was weight loss (even though I did not need to lose much anyway!). The one big plus for me was I did not feel hungry on a controlled carb diet. So all I can say is choose a diet, any diet, and go for it

Warmest Regards Dodger

PS If you choose a contolled carb approach - have look at this:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php

Thanks thats another good link 🙂

I also used the same advice to get under control and stay there for the last 6 years (I linked it from a different site last week in another thread). I don't consider myself a low carber, but despite the fact that Dodger and I see things slightly differently, we end up in a similar place.

Calorie controlled diets have two failings.
1) They push people towards carbs and avoid fats - which is lousy for the BG.
2) Calories are a nonsense.
A bit of bloggage:
http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/joomla/diabetes-blogs/Why-Counting-Calories-Makes-You-Fat.html

Tesco's e-diets and similar plans have been roundly slated as soon as they have been launched by controlled diabetics all over the country basically for the same reasons. They are all about pushing people towards a diet based on starchy (and other) carbs and avoiding fat, which is a recipe for high BGs.

In the meantime, those who eat to control their BG mostly find they lose weight along the way.

The NHS and Diabetes UK continually refuse to accept this, partly because there have been no studies to back it up. Conversely there's very little research which backs up the "high-carb, low fat" approach and those studies that do exist have holes in them you can comfortably drive a bus through (and many critics have).

There have been suggestions that even if they changed their position now, what would they say to people who have been getting the wrong official advice for the last 50 years?

I suspect part of the problem is the term "low carb" which immediately makes many people think of giving up all carbs altogether and eating pounds of lard instead. This is in no way the case and anyway the sheer number of carbs is not the point. Its a case of managing the quantity and type of carbs in meal combinations that work for YOU. Learn from your meter, work out what works for you and just make sure you are having enough of the basic nutrients and you can't go too far wrong.

Hi Ghost

I've been going to RC classes for a few weeks now and I find it easy to fit with diabetes. I only decided to go tot he classes for support really, as I have tried dieting at home alone before and lost my motivation!
I would agree there is no need to go to the classes.

I really think you should give RC online a go - it's very easy, and I don;t use many of the recipes she provides, I just stick to the basic calorie/fat counting (and I only do that roughly), but it is working.

Also exercise is a must for weight loss in my book. As well as losing weight you work your heart and lungs, feel better after etc.

I'm sending my best wishes to you because I know it's hard work, but you, like me can do it!

USP
x

Hi Ghost

I've been going to RC classes for a few weeks now and I find it easy to fit with diabetes. I only decided to go tot he classes for support really, as I have tried dieting at home alone before and lost my motivation!
I would agree there is no need to go to the classes.

I really think you should give RC online a go - it's very easy, and I don;t use many of the recipes she provides, I just stick to the basic calorie/fat counting (and I only do that roughly), but it is working.

Also exercise is a must for weight loss in my book. As well as losing weight you work your heart and lungs, feel better after etc.

I'm sending my best wishes to you because I know it's hard work, but you, like me can do it!

USP
x

Hi I did RC online previous to being diagnosed and it did work fantastically. However due to money problems I had to stop which didnt help as had nothing to keep me motivated. Then after diagnosis the weight I had lost i months piled back on and much mre on top which has given me such a downer as I think how good I felt before and now its not just a csae of getting back on track but an even longer haul to get back to where I left.

Anyway I have now signed up again online with RC. I chose RC as it is really easy and is the basic principal of healthy eating with or without diabetes. As you say I can pick, choose and plan my way!

I will get back to exercise I have a Wii fit which is a start and the treadmill for the more enthusiastic days as I cant go out walking as and stuck with my back if I get so far it causes too much pain and I have to walk back home again! At least I can just get off the treadmil and sit or lie down without worrying how I am going to get home lol.

Thanks for advice.

🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back