Risk Assesment for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotchop

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
MOrning all!

I am due to begin insulin therapy on tuesday and I have informed my employer as required.

I am a retail manager and have responsibility for the store as a whole and a team of 20 staff.

My line manager ( the area manager) is coming tomorrow do discuss and complete a risk assesment and due to the nature of the role, I work maybe 6 hours a day on my own.

I have completed all of my standard risk assesments that the company have issues, 99.9% of them being standard issue.

Does anyone know what I should have in mine pretty much standard? My line manager is not up to speed and to be honest, neither am I lol

Apart from the obvious, maybe not working so long on my own, I cant think of anything off the top of my head!

Sorry for the short notice

xx

MOrning all!

I am due to begin insulin therapy on tuesday and I have informed my employer as required.

I am a retail manager and have responsibility for the store as a whole and a team of 20 staff.

My line manager ( the area manager) is coming tomorrow do discuss and complete a risk assesment and due to the nature of the role, I work maybe 6 hours a day on my own.

I have completed all of my standard risk assesments that the company have issues, 99.9% of them being standard issue.

Does anyone know what I should have in mine pretty much standard? My line manager is not up to speed and to be honest, neither am I lol

Apart from the obvious, maybe not working so long on my own, I cant think of anything off the top of my head!

Sorry for the short notice

xx
Working alone isn't a problem, as long as you are in control i.e regular testing. You may have to record your results.
I use a crane for my work usually about 10 minutes twice daily, my boss says as long as i test before hand it isn't a problem, and that was on the advice of our insurers legal team

I had a risk assesment done at work. because I work in a library with mobile racking it was decided I shouldn't work in stoarge areas when no one else is around. Mobile racking is considered machinary, but otherwise risk assesments are pretty standard.

What is involved in a risk assessment Caroline? Ive never had one done in any job. I work alone a lot, Ive always wondered why it never triggers a risk assessment- I did complete that I use an insulin pump on my OH form when I joined but I have never been quizzed about or called to see anyone.

Perhaps Im getting abit too into it all 😉 but Im kind of disapointed Ive never been asked to do one 🙂

Someone will come in from whichever occupational health company your firm uses and observe you at work and ask lots of questions. My risk assesmnet was triggered because I had had lots of time off work sick, but risk assesments are done for a variety of reasons. After the assesment is done, your employer gets a report about ways your working conditions can be improved if necessary to keep you safe and advises on anything you as an employee need to do to keep safe. Sometimes it is just a case of making regular calls or reporting to a central point to say I'm OK everyone, and in other cases the whole way you work (depending on your job) is changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back