Riding high :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have spent most of today in double figures. Now I feel like a walking corpse at 16.4. Managed to get it down to 10.2 earlier but its creeped back up again. I feel as though I've taken enough insulin to drop a small rhino today yet I can't keep them down. Seemed a bit stubborn yesterday but significantly worse today. I just wanna sleep which isn't good considering I'm at work!

If they don't drop any in the next hour I'm going to set a temp basal and see if that helps. Failing that I guess a set change may be required. I suppose I could be coming down with something which would explain the stubborn levels...

Not sure which I hate more, the stubborn highs or hypo's from the heat! Right now I feel like a hypo would be a blessing.

Okay rant over for now, only 2 hours to go then I can go home and collapse on the sofa and get mauled by the kids...

I know how you feel........i felt a bit like that this morning at 20.6......it was my own fault though.......

With the pumps can you actually see the insulin being depleted and going through the tube......this would be important to me for piece of mind......

I know how you feel........i felt a bit like that this morning at 20.6......it was my own fault though.......

With the pumps can you actually see the insulin being depleted and going through the tube......this would be important to me for piece of mind......

You can't physically see it move as it goes quite slowly but over time you can see a difference, say from breakfast to dinner time it will have moved enough for me to notice. Some people may not though I think my doses are quite high ~65 units a day. I tend not to worry too much about it although I am now debating a set change as despite taking 5 units an hour ago I'm still 15.7. Bah!

I also woke to 18. something. Sounds like we are all having a great day 😉 For breakfast I had 10 units of NovoRapid, mmmm :D

remember the higher you are the more resistant you are.............

for a reading of 20.6, I took 6 units, instead of 5 to combat it, but I was still 10.2 five hours later, so infact 7 would of done it........I know not the same but shows the effect

if it is any consolation, I keep finding myself dozing off at my desk and yesterday after noon fell asleep on the sofa with little feller in front of the telly!

I set a temp basal of 120% and I'm currently at 11.5. Hopefully I'll be back in single figures by the time I finish. If so I'll see how I go and poss do yet another basal test in the next few days assuming I'm not going to end up full of cold or something. Thanks all, it's nice (poor choice of word?) to know I'm not the only one having issues today. May tomorrow be a better day! 🙂

Caroline: Heh I know that one, although my youngest seems to think that the fact that I'm lying down means that I am fair game for being prodded, plucked and whacked with whatever happens to be in her hand! I can't blame her though shes only 10 months old and most definately a daddy's girl 🙂

Hi shadez sorry to hear about your highs i went through a period after i was shortly diagnosed where i was in double figures day after day I was finding it really hard to work let alone concentrate etc it really takes it out of you dont it, i hope things start to improve and your numbers start behaving.

P.S maul those kids back lol.

Hi shadez sorry to hear about your highs i went through a period after i was shortly diagnosed where i was in double figures day after day I was finding it really hard to work let alone concentrate etc it really takes it out of you dont it, i hope things start to improve and your numbers start behaving.

P.S maul those kids back lol.

Thanks Steffie,

Better start today with 8.3 so at least I'm back in single figures. I have been on a temp basal since last night though so will just have to see how it goes. Now comes the inevitable feeling drained and aching after being hyper for most of the day yesterday! Wahoo! 🙂

Thanks Steffie,

Better start today with 8.3 so at least I'm back in single figures. I have been on a temp basal since last night though so will just have to see how it goes. Now comes the inevitable feeling drained and aching after being hyper for most of the day yesterday! Wahoo! 🙂

Dont forget that whilst you are setting the 120% you need to know how much impact this will have on each basal. Some of Alex's basals over a 24 hour period are very low - so a 120% wouldnt have much of an impact at all. I have also found that when trying to decrease levels this way it is much better to start on a higher level (140% at least) for the first couple of hours and this gives levels a chance to balance out and then slowly decrease down to 130% over an hour and then 120% for another hour etc - hope that makes sense.🙂Bev

Dont forget that whilst you are setting the 120% you need to know how much impact this will have on each basal. Some of Alex's basals over a 24 hour period are very low - so a 120% wouldnt have much of an impact at all. I have also found that when trying to decrease levels this way it is much better to start on a higher level (140% at least) for the first couple of hours and this gives levels a chance to balance out and then slowly decrease down to 130% over an hour and then 120% for another hour etc - hope that makes sense.🙂Bev

Hi Bev,

Yeah that makes sense and is something I didn't really consider either, thanks!

Hi glad to hear your back in single figures always a huge relief x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back