rheumatoid arthritis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone who suffers or know anyone know suffers give me some of the symptoms, it is just my kneee has been in pain for about a week and a half now.I get up to walk after i have been sitting watching tv or whatever and my knee jolts and i have to stop and start again if you get me , i have had a couple of suggestions thrown at me for example fluid on the knee or arthritis my mum did suffer and she wore one of those bracelets. so i guess it can be brought down through the family.I guess at my yearly review in 2 weeks i should mention it

can a mod please re-spell my toid as i put s at the end instead of a d

Hi Steff, I used to have rheumatoid arthritis when I was younger (I swear my immune system hates me!). My knees were particularly bad, and the symptoms that I remember were that my knees were swollen and stiff, and felt warm. They were painful, particularly if I'd been asleep or sitting still for a while.

As far as I'm aware, the swelling and stiffness are particularly associated with rheumatoid arthritis, so if you don't have that I'd say it's more likely to be something else. I'd suggest going to see your GP, and sooner rather than later if possible. Two weeks is a long time to wait if you're in pain!

Hi Steff, I used to have rheumatoid arthritis when I was younger (I swear my immune system hates me!). My knees were particularly bad, and the symptoms that I remember were that my knees were swollen and stiff, and felt warm. They were painful, particularly if I'd been asleep or sitting still for a while.

As far as I'm aware, the swelling and stiffness are particularly associated with rheumatoid arthritis, so if you don't have that I'd say it's more likely to be something else. I'd suggest going to see your GP, and sooner rather than later if possible. Two weeks is a long time to wait if you're in pain!

yeah if ive been sitting still for abit i have to bend my leg out straigh as it starts to ache, i dont have a swollen knee and it dont feel warm but it is stiff so when i pick my script up tomorrow from surgery ill book myself in then you reckon

go check it out Steff, Knees are worth looking after..

Hope it sorts itself out pronto.

Can anyone who suffers or know anyone know suffers give me some of the symptoms, it is just my kneee has been in pain for about a week and a half now.I get up to walk after i have been sitting watching tv or whatever and my knee jolts and i have to stop and start again if you get me , i have had a couple of suggestions thrown at me for example fluid on the knee or arthritis my mum did suffer and she wore one of those bracelets. so i guess it can be brought down through the family.I guess at my yearly review in 2 weeks i should mention it

Steff i have the same problem i have fibroalgia & ostio arthriris best to get it checked out tho, you can also read about it on the nhs direct website.
It's worse when raining & cold out too.

steff see if you can get phyisotherapy...i had a dodgey knee from a dancing accident when i was 16 it got stedily worse until i had phiso after the car accident...amazingly a set of proper exercises worked a treat xx

steff see if you can get phyisotherapy...i had a dodgey knee from a dancing accident when i was 16 it got stedily worse until i had phiso after the car accident...amazingly a set of proper exercises worked a treat xx

Thanks am yer he had it on a bad foot and it really did the job, ill see what gp says first like before i start thinking all sorts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back