Review with the nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty W

Hi all,

My other half has just had his first review with the nurse. He was diagnosed T2 with a HbA1c of 112 in early July. His HbA1c from last week's blood test is now 42 and we're really pleased. I'm so happy that his hard work is being reflected in his blood test results. A huge thanks to all that have helped me understand this condition better and in turn I've been able to help my other half manage his diabetes. Onwards and hopefully downwards.

Last edited:
Hi all,

My other half has just had his first review with the nurse. He was diagnosed T2 with a HbA1c of 112 in early July. His HbA1c from last week's blood test is now 42 and we're really pleased. I'm so happy that his hard work is being reflected in his blood test results. A huge thanks to all that have helped me understand this condition better and in turn help I've been able to help my other half manage his diabetes onwards and downwards
That is a fantastic achievement and he must be feeling so much better. I sure your support has been instrumental so give yourself a pat on the back as well.

Well done him and well done you for your support. It's not as easy as some might think

@Kitty W that is a fantastic result. I too was diagnosed with an HbA1c of 112 in August this year. I had a further test early October when it dropped to 64 but that would still include a period pre diagnosis so am due a further test end of November. Think I’ll be in the 50’s but not sure it’ll be as low as your husbands, we’ll done, gives me hope.

@Kitty W that is a fantastic result. I too was diagnosed with an HbA1c of 112 in August this year. I had a further test early October when it dropped to 64 but that would still include a period pre diagnosis so am due a further test end of November. Think I’ll be in the 50’s but not sure it’ll be as low as your husbands, we’ll done, gives me hope.
I'm pleased my post has given you hope. Well done on your reduction so far and I am sure will see further improvement in November 🙂

Many congratulations to you both. That is an absolutely huge achievement and you clearly work well together as a team. I hope with a little more time at it you are able to reduce it a bit further but don't be disheartened if not. That is still a great reading and massively better than he started on.
It will be mostly about balance now and learning to live life without too much restriction but maintaining good control. I am always keen to find new low carb foods that I enjoy, so that I don't get bored or slide back to the old way of eating.

I hope the nurse was suitably gobsmacked and delighted of course and wanted to know how you had achieved it?

Many congratulations to you both. That is an absolutely huge achievement and you clearly work well together as a team. I hope with a little more time at it you are able to reduce it a bit further but don't be disheartened if not. That is still a great reading and massively better than he started on.
It will be mostly about balance now and learning to live life without too much restriction but maintaining good control. I am always keen to find new low carb foods that I enjoy, so that I don't get bored or slide back to the old way of eating.

I hope the nurse was suitably gobsmacked and delighted of course and wanted to know how you had achieved it?
Thank you very much. I was hoping the result would be under 50 but thought I might be setting myself up for disappointment, so you can imagine how thrilled we are with this result.
I absolutely agree with you about how now it is about sustaining this. Although it was challenging at first, the new diet now seems like second nature and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I think now that we will feel more comfortable to go out and enjoy the odd treat (obviously within moderation), its just so reassuring to know we are on the right track with this.

I haven't actually seen my partner yet, he just text me the result with a gold star next to it! But I'm looking forward to hearing what the nurse had to say and to find out if they are going to look at reducing his metaformin. I don't know if it's a bit early to look at doing this, but hopefully it would have at least been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back