Review frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Normally with my gp surgery they hold all diabetes clinics virtually, this was even before covid.
You have your blood tests done then results are reviewed by gps and a letter sent out within a couple of weeks. Usually for me it's carry on as you are and that my medication has been reviewed and approved for another year and make an appointment with nurse for foot check.
I had my blood taken in July and I'm still waiting for my review to happen!
Here's my issue. I tried to reorder my prescription last week ready to collect for yesterday (as was going up there for my foot check). I then get a text saying to make a phone appointment with clinical pharmacist for medication review (never had that before). Was due to have phone call yesterday, but that got cancelled by surgery, so I now have it today.
I hope they get my prescription sorted as I am going to America for a month from this Saturday!!!

Up until my last one at the begining of the year my medication reviews have all been with Pharmacist for at least the last 5 years.They should be able to sort it out for you.

Hi Stitch my GP surgery has a in-house pharmacist who reviews all prescriptions every 6-12 months. When I'm waiting for my review (which is done on the phone or in-person) if the computer says no about ordering a repeat prescription then I am allowed to email the surgery or put a manual request on the online system and explain that I need the prescription whilst waiting for the review. I hope this helps x

So, after a long lecture from the pharmacist that wasn't really needed my medication has been renewed. Hopefully my prescription will be ready to collect tomorrow.

Half of my prescription collected. The rest had to be ordered. Hopefully will be in after 5pm! Fingers crossed.

Ugh! What an unnecessary palaver for you @Stitch147

Hope you can get the rest of your prescription with no faff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back