Reversal and Remission of T2DM – An Update for Practitioners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A nice clear & apparently comprehensive review of current understandings by researchers at IC & elsewhere: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9206440/ from June 2022.

This review paper examines all the sustainable, practical, and scalable approaches to T2DM reversal, highlighting the evidence base, and serves as an interim update for practitioners looking to fill the practical knowledge gap on this topic in conventional diabetes guidelines.

Yup at diagnosis, HbA1c 150, every symptom you could name, on Insulin and metfartin immediately, BG all over the place. Within weeks of coming off all diabetic meds and sorting out my diet my HbA1c reduced to 48 (if I remember correctly) and then with significant weight loss dropped to below the diabetic threshold. It has remained there ever since regardless of what I eat. So the research and conclusions for me are spot on.

But it does beg the quedtion, why have successive governments and the NHS promoted rubbish food, bad diets, more and more meds for people with diabetes (and people with other conditions) where simple lifestyle changes would sort the problem in short order.

Why has the food industry been allowed to 'poison' us all and why have so many (including me) been so ignorant of what is good for us?

Lifestyle changes have to be sustainable for people. Reversal is also not achievable for everyone.

Yup at diagnosis, HbA1c 150, every symptom you could name, on Insulin and metfartin immediately, BG all over the place. Within weeks of coming off all diabetic meds and sorting out my diet my HbA1c reduced to 48 (if I remember correctly) and then with significant weight loss dropped to below the diabetic threshold. It has remained there ever since regardless of what I eat. So the research and conclusions for me are spot on.

But it does beg the quedtion, why have successive governments and the NHS promoted rubbish food, bad diets, more and more meds for people with diabetes (and people with other conditions) where simple lifestyle changes would sort the problem in short order.

Why has the food industry been allowed to 'poison' us all and why have so many (including me) been so ignorant of what is good for us?

My doctor was telling me to lose weight and eat less for years, well before I was diabetic.
I didn't, I kept eating the same, I'm not blaming anyone for the lifestyle I chose to have in spite of all the advice to the contrary I was given.

And as you say, we can both eat what we want to now, so to me, that clearly rules out the type of food, it was just the quantity I voluntarily put into my mouth that was to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back