Reveal magazine health feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveal magazine

I am contacting you from Reveal magazine. We are putting together a positive healthfeature on mothers and daughters and the genetic link between them - we havea photo shoot organised for 19th Feb where we will be meeting mothers with
different ailments and their daughters.

We are looking for a mother with diabetes who would be happy to take part
with her daughter (ideally aged 18-35), we also have a mum who has had
breast cancer and her daughter and a mother with blood pressure with her
daughter.

The shoot will be all expenses paid and the ladies will have hair and make
up done and get some lovely pictures of them with their daughters.

Please let me know if you have anyone who would be interested in taking
part.

Janelle

Hi

Don't know if this would help. My daughter is only 9 (nearly 10) and has congenital hyperinsulinism which is a genetic conditions. I carry a bad gene but obviously didn't know about it until she was born. Her story is under Jessica at www.hi-fund.org. I am not diabetic, just a carrier unfortunately.

She is on an insulin pump and is treated as a type 1 diabetic with bells on.

I won't bore you with anymore details as they are all in her story.

Last edited:
Apart from the fact we are the wrong age group, the only way my mother would do this kind of thing is for what she can get out of it and not for how she can help others.

Oh dear.

We are the wrong age group but we are genetic so thought I would suggest it. I just want to get CHI out there as this affects little babies.

Oh dear.

We are the wrong age group but we are genetic so thought I would suggest it. I just want to get CHI out there as this affects little babies.

Great to raise awareness, why don't you contact the magazine and see what they can do?

Do you want mothers between 18-35 or Daughters 18-35 ?

My mother is diabetic and 58, I'm diabetic and 36 (Just outside your age range).

hey ladies, thank you for your responses - my editor wants a daughter aged 18-35 if possible, but thank you for your messages, we are hoping to raise awareness to all our readers.

hey ladies, thank you for your responses - my editor wants a daughter aged 18-35 if possible, but thank you for your messages, we are hoping to raise awareness to all our readers.

Will our forum get a mention in the article? The more members we have the more help we have.

Within the age range

Morning, I'm 40 with Type 1 Diabetes and my daughter is 20 - not sure if your still looking though ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back