Returns ... Head held down in shame ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredOldGal

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

I'm back for support, guidance and a kick up the @rs£!

Diagnosed back in October 19. Was in control.

However, I've kind of spent the last few months forgetting totally that I have diabetes (and I'm not a stupid person by any means) but I've not been looking after myself, been eating the wrong things, and not testing my bloods. My HB1ac had been creeping up each time I had it done.

Latest blood results were that I've gone up to 86. So the diabetic nurse has started me on Vipidia to help me to gain control again.

There's no excuses, well there was, but no real reason - she said it may be my body, but no, I was honest and said it was what I had been putting in my body that did it.

So I'm trying hard to get my diabetes under control again. March is going to be a good month. I'm checking my bloods regularly, and logging it on my little app.

I just wanted to come on to see if anyone else has been as stupid as me in the past. What's done is done (stupid woman) and now it's time to get real.

Thank you for reading 🙂

Maybe a new aspect on managing your diabetes is what is needed. And yes many people do slip back for a variety of reasons but getting back on track now is what matters.
Check out this link for something which many people have found successful. Maybe nothing new to you but worth a look for some inspiration.

You're only human. We fail. Sometimes it's hard to get back to it mentally but you're here so give it another bash...so in your own words...get real...I'm trying to do the same after weight gain. Bloods are OK so far...Good luck

Maybe a new aspect on managing your diabetes is what is needed. And yes many people do slip back for a variety of reasons but getting back on track now is what matters.
Check out this link for something which many people have found successful. Maybe nothing new to you but worth a look for some inspiration.
Oooh thank you, I will check this out 🙂

You're only human. We fail. Sometimes it's hard to get back to it mentally but you're here so give it another bash...so in your own words...get real...I'm trying to do the same after weight gain. Bloods are OK so far...Good luck
Thank you 🙂

Lovely to see you again @TiredOldGal

And well done for recognising that things have drifted, and deciding to take action.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Diabetes management is a complex balancing act, sometimes life gets in the way and diabetes has to take a back seat, and sometimes for reasons we can’t really understand or articulate, we end up making choices in the moment, which we know aren’t helpful on reflection.

The most important thing is that you have recognised what is happening, and have decided to refocus on lowering your HbA1c with techniques and strategies that you know have worked in the past.

And the forum is right behind you, willing you to succeed 🙂

Lovely to see you again @TiredOldGal

And well done for recognising that things have drifted, and deciding to take action.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Diabetes management is a complex balancing act, sometimes life gets in the way and diabetes has to take a back seat, and sometimes for reasons we can’t really understand or articulate, we end up making choices in the moment, which we know aren’t helpful on reflection.

The most important thing is that you have recognised what is happening, and have decided to refocus on lowering your HbA1c with techniques and strategies that you know have worked in the past.

And the forum is right behind you, willing you to succeed 🙂
Thank you - life got in the way - as did my love of anything carb related! When you don't get your blood monitor out of your bag for weeks and weeks, it's so easy to try to forget.

Thanks for the support, I'm back on my way to lower levels 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back