Returning to work

tizzkins

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all i live in wales and have been off since march. I have a meeting this friday regarding returning to work but i am still not sure about returning i work for a supermarket on the checkouts. Could i please have some peoples views. Many thanks

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
I've worked throughout the whole lockdown in a supermarket. I do several jobs in store including checkouts. The checkout is probably one of the safest places in store as they've put screens up.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @tizzkins

This page from DUK has useful information about workplaces, and the changes and adaptations they should make to help you to work more safely

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @tizzkins

Once you have read through the info in the link Mike has given you it would be worth you writing down the key issues for you before your interview on Friday. Even if you don’t need the list it is a good check and focuses your mind beforehand on to the answers that you need.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Where you told to shield?
I’m not gonna lie I don’t like working at home with my husband also doing it and the child not in school and being able to work in the office, my issue is getting to the office via train, I don’t want to be on the train ha!