Retinopathy screening nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just recieved my appointment for this in the post and oh they could not of picked a worse date 4th march at 15.10 firstly cant make it they will be no one to pick my son up , secondly it is my mums birthday and the anniversary of her passing does anyone know if i just ring them and re-arrnage or does it get cancelled ?

Absolutely ring them Steff and get it rearranged! I'm sure it happens all the time, don't worry.🙂

Phew ty, I just rang but there not open at weekends gotta ring back during week between 9-5.

Steff2010;does anyone know if i just ring them and re-arrnage or does it get cancelled ?[/QUOTE said:
Stef, I had to cancel twice recently due to this blasted virus I've had. In the end I had the screening yesterday as they gave me a cancellation appointment from someone else. All was well thankfully.

Don't be worried, get it cancelled and, if you don't hear from them reasonably quickly with a new appointment, get on to them again. I'm sure you'll find them OK about it.

All the best,

I forgot to go mine , rang them to see if I can rebook they said yes March 6th 2010, have to remember this so I have written it down. I am busy getting my son ready for his appointment on Monday at the hospital , they are going to take video recordings of the way he walks , this will tell them how to best do the operation on his foot. its all hi tech.

Mike

You should be able to get the appointment rearranged. I've done that with mine a couple of times. I try for an early one which is normally arrounf 9.30. I then book an afternoon off work to allow my eyes to come back to normal before I have to use my computer again!

You should be able to get the appointment rearranged. I've done that with mine a couple of times. I try for an early one which is normally arrounf 9.30. I then book an afternoon off work to allow my eyes to come back to normal before I have to use my computer again!

I'm going to try for early one anything before 11am for me is perfect .

Just a thought- is this with the local eye clinic? In my area we can choose to visit an optician who offers retinopathy testing - much more convenient for me as there is an excellent one down the road from me and they are very flexible with appointments. I would have thought your letter would have mentioned this but it is worth a thought?

My optician was one of the first in our area to get kitted out with the video camera machine and you can see the back of your eyes on the screen - very weird. He was very proud of it when they first got it and wanted to show me pictures he had put up for a display showing all sorts of complications- not very tactful I thought! Yet another thing for us to worry about I know but everything has been OK for me so far - hope yours is a breeze - just remember that they can spot early signs of trouble and sort it out - better that then when it is too late eh?

It is yes and my optician only jus got automatic doors nevermind retinal screening equipment lol, it aint a big deal ill just say look i can even make the 4th but not at that time x

managed to cancel.

Well all sorted im booked in for the 16th march at 09.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back