retinopathy screening...a surprising result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just thought I'd post some good news on here and reflect on the reasons behind it.

I can't remember when regular retinopathy screening started for me, it certainly wasn't a regular thing right from the start when I was diagnosed in 1989. Once the regular screening began I had a few results that said no evidence of any retinopathy but then that changed and I must have had background retinopathy for well over a decade and I'm lucky that it has never progressed.

I went for my latest screening about a week ago and received the results letter today. "Your test showed no signs of diabetic retinopathy". Slightly elated I must say and I can only think that this is down to Libre and the improved control that I've achieved as a result over the last 2 years.

Wow! How lovely to hear you’ve had the all clear @Peely66

Well done for all the work you’ve done keeping it in check for so long, and fantastic that you’ve been able to improve things further with the benefit of sensors.

The impression I was given at diagnosis (around the same time) was that it would be very unusual to have no eye damage after about 20 years - and you are a decade past that!

Shows how treatment has improved, and how much things have changed.

Many congratulations! Yes, as I was reading your post I too was wondering if Libre was the factor in the improvement, but then Libre just gives you data that you then act upon, so you can still take full credit for this improvement but the technology does definitely facilitate better management if you learn how to use it.
Well done! Delighted for you!

Many congratulations! Yes, as I was reading your post I too was wondering if Libre was the factor in the improvement, but then Libre just gives you data that you then act upon, so you can still take full credit for this improvement but the technology does definitely facilitate better management if you learn how to use it.
Well done! Delighted for you!
Well done!

Just thought I'd post some good news on here and reflect on the reasons behind it.

I can't remember when regular retinopathy screening started for me, it certainly wasn't a regular thing right from the start when I was diagnosed in 1989. Once the regular screening began I had a few results that said no evidence of any retinopathy but then that changed and I must have had background retinopathy for well over a decade and I'm lucky that it has never progressed.

I went for my latest screening about a week ago and received the results letter today. "Your test showed no signs of diabetic retinopathy". Slightly elated I must say and I can only think that this is down to Libre and the improved control that I've achieved as a result over the last 2 years.

That is really great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back