Retinopathy appt

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
How long should I wait for a retinopathy appt? My nurse said I would be referred on 18th Aug but not heard anything yet.

Also I am suffering from blurred eye set (where struggling to focus) mainly in the morning - is this soemthing the appt would look at or should I make an appt with my normal optician - I have had my lenses changed this year though.

Off on my Juggle (diabetes) course tonight (first one of 4 sessions) so will report back how it goes.

From referall to appointment in my area it takes two or three months.

The retinopathy scan just takes pictures of the back of your eye to make sure there is no damage, so for the the blurry vision I'd go back to normal opticians. It could well be your new contact lenses are not quite right, so you'd have to get those checked out.

Hi Lucy i had my first retinopathy appt within the month, but i guess its diffirent from area to area.

Good luck tonight with your course.

You'd probably get an appointment to see an optician before any news from your retinopathy referral, so I'd do that. Plus, if optician detects any problems, s/he could probably speed up your referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back