Retinal screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my first ever retinal screen this morning at 9am. Everything went well, except for the bright light outside afterwards - I was like a vampire hiding from the sun!

My eyesight was back to normal after about 5 hours so no worries there. However, my pupils are still a little dilated from the drops and the whites in both eyes are partially red and inflamed. Is this normal?

Hi Cliff glad it went well, yup that was the bit that got me the bright light i looked abit weird i guess going home on the bus in a baseball cap and sunglasses, id not worry to much i was the same as you and the next day i woke and was fine...

My pupils take many hours to go back to normal size. I'd turn down the screen brightness till they are fully recovered.

You should have been given a leaflet by the screener saying what to expect and under what circumstances to seek medical help.

My pupils take many hours to go back to normal size. I'd turn down the screen brightness till they are fully recovered.

You should have been given a leaflet by the screener saying what to expect and under what circumstances to seek medical help.

The leaflet says seek help if there is pain or redness. I have some stinging but not much, and some redness but again not much. I'm reluctant to make a drama out of something that might be quite normal.

I had my first ever retinal screen this morning at 9am. Everything went well, except for the bright light outside afterwards - I was like a vampire hiding from the sun!

My eyesight was back to normal after about 5 hours so no worries there. However, my pupils are still a little dilated from the drops and the whites in both eyes are partially red and inflamed. Is this normal?

Tomorrow (Friday) I go for my first retinal screening. Very dark sunglasses and driver standing by. I hope all goes well as I am on a long haul flight on saturday.

Tomorrow (Friday) I go for my first retinal screening. Very dark sunglasses and driver standing by. I hope all goes well as I am on a long haul flight on saturday.

Hi John just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow.x

All back to normal this morning - no worries.

That is good Cliff. Know what you mean about how long do you wait before getting it checked out though.

Yes its totally normal, when the pupils are dilated they let in more light so venturing outside can be a unpleasant experience. The best advice is to wear dark glasses and not drive until the pupils have returned to normal and vision is restored. Its twice as bad after laser treatment, the light (even on a overcast day) can be blinding and the tv is a no no, so precautions need to be taken post treatment. Pleased you are much better today!🙂 Toby.

All back to normal this morning - no worries.

Good stuff...

I think the worst one I had was last year when it was sunny and snowy at the same time. I must have looked like I'd been on the lash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back