Retinal screening result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good news is no signs of diabetic retinopathy, so im pleased.Just wanted to ask a qustion regarding my results where it says best achievable visual acuity left eye 6/9 right eye 6/9 what does all that mean?

Cheers

Great you have no signs of diabetic retinopathy. You might need to ask the opticins or your doc whatthe numbers mean thoe. I think it is pressure in the eye but I am not certain. If was anything to worry about you'd know about it.

Great you have no signs of diabetic retinopathy. You might need to ask the opticins or your doc whatthe numbers mean thoe. I think it is pressure in the eye but I am not certain. If was anything to worry about you'd know about it.

Thanks i aint questioning it as being bad as like you say if i had anything to worry over it would of been flagged up in the results.

It means you have the visual acuity at 6 meters that an average person would have at 9 meters, i.e. you are short sighted.

Hi Steff ...

Great results hun .... Not sure on the 6/9 thing though ... :D

Heidi
xx:D

Great news Steff, very pleased to hear it 🙂 Also, thanks falcon for explaining the numbers!

Thanks everyone , cheers falcon for the explanation and thank you also Becki

Great news Steff. I bet that's a huge relief to know.

Great news steff :D Im jelous! lol I have been diabetic for 21 years and my notes say I have cotton wool spots in 1 eye!😱 they sound cool but I bet they aint 🙄

That's really good news for you 🙂

Glad that you got good news hun xx

Yeah - that is good news. I got my eyes done today. I think I have to go back in about 6 months due to the preggers thing. I am not complaining though the guy doing the screening was lovely!

great news Steff, I'm of to get mine poked at tomorrow, hope they leave them in and I don't headbutt too many people! Also hope I don't have a long wait inbetween photo taken and results, I got things to do man!😉

Good news is no signs of diabetic retinopathy, so im pleased.Just wanted to ask a qustion regarding my results where it says best achievable visual acuity left eye 6/9 right eye 6/9 what does all that mean?

Cheers

good news Steff :D

got my test tomorrow

Hi was ok. I dont find the drops uncomfortable, its just the vision stops you doing stuff for a few hours, but hey got to be done.

The lady doing the test said all seemed ok but she wasnt really allowed to say that! , but will have to wait to get official report from the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back