results of my experiment with excercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I did a 2 week experiment doing my walks in conjunction with my evening meals. I did the 1st week where i did my 30 min walk one hour after my main meal and the 2nd week doing my 30 min walk before my main meal and here are my results:-

Week 1 (walk one hour after meal)

Day 1
pre-meal 5.9
2 hr post-meal 6.4

Day 2
pre-meal 4.9
2 hr post meal 5.7

Day 3
pre-meal 5.4
2 hr post-meal 7,3

Day 4
pre-meal 5.9
2 hur post-meal 7.6

Day 5
pre-meal 7.3
2 hr post-meal 8.4

Week 2 (30 min walk before main meal)

Day 1
pre-meal 5.4
2 hr post-meal 6.6

Day 2
pre-meal 6.2
2 hr post-meal 6.6

Day 3
pre-meal 6.9
2 hr post-meal 7.3

Day 4
pre-meal 5.7
2 hr post-meal 6.9

Day 5
pre-meal 6.6
2 hr post-meal 8.6

It does of course depend on what i ate but looking at the figures there isn't that great deal of a difference but generally i think that it would prob be better to go for the walk after i have eaten - does anyone have any comments?

Edit: Your numbers are very good so don't knock them. They're better than mine.

I wait a two hours and test. If I'm over 8 two hours after eating I'll want to go walkies.

My walks are brisk, and it takes between 10-15 mins to burn off a mmol most days. I aim to get below 8 afterwards and then I'm happy.

Edit: It has been said on bloodsugar101 that levels above 7.8 after eating and can lead to higher risk of diabetic complications.

Last edited:
The numbers sound good, I'd be happy with those.

Carina thanks for posting those numbers are great nice work x

Hi Carina,

Not much difference - I agree.

However, the way that I'd interpret your results is that the walking before gives the better result - i.e. with an average increase (from before eating to 2 hours after eating) of 1.04 mmol/l compared with an average increase of 1.20 mmol/l for walking after eating.

Really, I can't see that there really is much difference between the two weeks myself.

Maybe now you should do a week just sitting in a chair after eating? Personally, I'd expect to see very similar results for doing just that too.

Keep on working at it!

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back