Results of blood test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni49

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can someone explain this I was told my results, recently been diagnosed with type 2, is 79. Everything I read is set out in a different format. Can anyone translate this result

Yes sure that is most likely your HbA1c level in mmol/mol

It reads the "average" of your blood sugars over the past 2-3 months

With a level of 79 mmol/mol your average blood sugar levels have been 12.3 mmol/l over that period It can also be expressed as 9.4%

Anything 48 or over is considered as diabetic in the UK
42-47 is pre-diabetes (although at those levels you're likely well on the way to T2 unless action is taken.)

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 14.36.00.png

The reduced carb diet you are currently following should help bring your levels down to a more "normal" level fairly swiftly.
It took about 4 months for me to go into remission although I followed a time restricted eating ketogenic diet when I was diagnosed.
The pills went in the bin as I was tied to the loo!
I was 87 mmol/mol when diagnosed.
Hope that helps

Can someone explain this I was told my results, recently been diagnosed with type 2, is 79.
That's the right kind of number for HbA1c with the units mmol/mol (which are the usual units now). (It may be something else but without further details that's going to be the guess of most of us.)

79 is high but not extraordinarily so.

With a level of 79 mmol/mol your average blood sugar levels have been 12.3 mmol/l over that period It can also be expressed as 9.4%

42-47 is pre-diabetes (although at those levels you're likely well on the way to T2 unless action is taken.)

View attachment 25206

The reduced carb diet you are currently following should help bring your levels down to a more "normal" level fairly swiftly.
It took about 4 months for me to go into remission although I followed a time restricted eating ketogenic diet when I was diagnosed.
Hope that helps
Very helpful thank you so much.

View attachment 25206

Hope that helps
This is very helpful.

Bear in mind that if the number keeps going up (same for prick test readings) and you are not overweight then ask for the tests for T1. Sometimes Late onset T1 (LADA) can be misdiagnosed as T2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back