results in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got my results today 7.5 and 5.5 for cholestoral, so have been prescribed metamorfin and hv 3 months to try and get my cholestoral to 5 or under, i dont hv to start taking tablets untill back from camping, however i feel really down now, silly really i kind of knew it was coming!

Hi Nickie. Don't feel silly, relax and enjoy your holiday.

I have to take tablets for cholesterol too, and it is almost 10 years since I have eaten meat!

Hi Nickie. Don't feel silly, relax and enjoy your holiday.

I have to take tablets for cholesterol too, and it is almost 10 years since I have eaten meat!

I know, family and friends have the just get on with it youll be fine attitude, i think i might shout at my other half in a min! i just think my head is spinning, all i can think about is diabetes!!!! Im sure it wont last though. ill keep smiling 🙂

Hi Nickie - keep smiling! You don't know what you might achieve in the next three months, as you're still very new to things. I take tablets for cholesterol and blood pressure, and aspirin every day too. At first I really didn't want to take anything, but it's not a problem now, a few months on.

Hoep you have a great camping holiday!:D

Hi Nickie..

Keep smiling...🙂...stay positive...as Notherner says...in 3mths time achievements may be surprising to you..its still early days ..

Have a great holiday...relax..and enjoy yourself..

Heidi
xx🙂

On the positive side, it will reduce your risk of heart attacks and strokes. Also, being on Metformin means that you will qualify for free prescriptions.

As they say, every cloud has a silver lining. Sometimes you just have to look very hard to find it 🙂

Got my results today 7.5 and 5.5 for cholestoral, so have been prescribed metamorfin and hv 3 months to try and get my cholestoral to 5 or under, i dont hv to start taking tablets untill back from camping, however i feel really down now, silly really i kind of knew it was coming!

Hi Nickie - keep smiling! You don't know what you might achieve in the next three months, as you're still very new to things. I take tablets for cholesterol and blood pressure, and aspirin every day too. At first I really didn't want to take anything, but it's not a problem now, a few months on.

Hope you have a great camping holiday!:D

Dear nickie,

Try and put the results behind you - you can't change the past! If you would like to hear a different viewpoint about what could happen in the next 3 months, send me a PM. Anyway, as Northerner says have yourself a great holiday.

Warmest regards Dodger

as has been said nickie keep positive hun x

Nickie, 3 months from diagnosis 7.5% isn't bad so I wouldn't be too disapointed. Did they do one at diagnosis for comparison? it might be that you've actually made a drop already.
Metformin will increase your insulin sensitivity so hopefully assist your diet and exercise efforts. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wait until you get back from holiday to start, especially as metformin does have some gastro side effects.

Enjoy your holiday 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back