results back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Got the annual bloods results back today - all good! Urine test fine. Not coeliac either.:DBev

I bet that's a relief, I have a friend who's coeliac and her diet's even more restricted than mine.

Last edited:
I bet that's a relief, I have a friend who's coeliac and her diet's even more restricted.

Type 1's are more prone to becoming coeliac and Alex hasnt put on weight for the last 6 months - so I asked for the test a bit earlier than normal and I am very relieved its come back as ok. I will have to start feeding him up a bit!🙂Bev

Hi Bev ..

Thats brilliant news ... :D ... big hug for alex ...((🙂D)))

Heidi
xx🙂

Thats great news bev! i'm a bit worried bout coeliac as my mum and now my mums brother has this. J was tested on diagnosis and it was negitive. Need to get tested myself for coeliac aswell. x

Thats great news bev! i'm a bit worried bout coeliac as my mum and now my mums brother has this. J was tested on diagnosis and it was negitive. Need to get tested myself for coeliac aswell. x

Just as a pointer, they have changed the NICE guidelines for testing type 1's for coeliac annually. They used to do that but now apparently they just test on diagnosis.

This is utter rubbish as someone can become coeliac years down the line so make sure you ask annually for a check for J.

🙂

Hya Adrienne

Thanks for the tip, I will be asking for J to be testing again especially with it being in the family. my mum was dx 2 years ago and my uncle about 4 months ago. The GP has suggested that my mums brothers and sisters get testing and also myself and my brother. x

great news bev and alex X🙂 what a relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back