Restless

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone have trouble falling asleep? I feel like my body is really restless and I just can't settle long enough to drop off till the early hours. I also get really hot. Its really starting to annoy me, been like it for years.

I have trouble sleeping most nights, i suffer from sleep paralysis, i dont know if u know what that is but its horrible to experience :( so im scared of goin to sleep most nights x

No but it sounds scary! What happens or is that a stupid thing to ask???

Its really weird i dint know what it was at first i just thought i was a freak! Good old google came through for me tho and discovered it was not actualy that rare, and quite common.

its hard to explain, its like the early stages of sleep, when you dream sometimes your body wakes up before your brain does, and your sort of awake but you cant move, your paralysed and u hallucinate (in my case its demons n stuff) and i can feel it like crawling on me and have been dragged out of bed before (not real but u feel it then wake up) but i cant move or speak! i am aware of everything going on around me eg. if the radio or tv is on i can hear it and see it and if someone walks in the room i can see them but i cant do anything about it, its really scary, i hope u dont all think im a freak now!

lol naaahhh takes alot to make me think people are freaks... look at the state of me. I can't say anything bout anyone else haha.

This sounds really scary. *hugs*

Thanks 🙂 yea it happens some nights, not others! you can google it to get a bit more insight if you want to x

I might, Im interguied now... doesnt that make me a freak lol??? Your not on facebook!! get on there girl.

Yes miss!! lol yea its worth a read...its quite interesting how the mind works...or doesnt lol x

I had lots of trouble sleeping because of restless legs,finally my Dr has prescribed me MIRAPREXIN,i can now get to sleep easily but dont stay asleep for more than 2 hours,i get up for an hour and then go back to bed for another 2 hours.

Do you have a bed time routine? many people find it helps to do certain things before going to bed. Try to turn the television off at least half an hour before you go to bed and try to do something relaxing (knitting, yoag, tai chi, mediatation, have a bath) before you go to bed.

If you have tried everything and nothing has worked, have a chat to your doctor or practice nurse and see what they can come up with. These days things like sleeping pills are a last resort because they are adictive, but they are there as a very last resort.

I have problems with restless legs too. It is such a weird feeling. I did not know there was medication you can take for it. I have never actually mentioned it to the docs. Fortunately it does not bother me all the time.

Do you have a bed time routine? many people find it helps to do certain things before going to bed. Try to turn the television off at least half an hour before you go to bed and try to do something relaxing (knitting, yoag, tai chi, mediatation, have a bath) before you go to bed.

If you have tried everything and nothing has worked, have a chat to your doctor or practice nurse and see what they can come up with. These days things like sleeping pills are a last resort because they are adictive, but they are there as a very last resort.

I have a routine of turning the tv off, reading a book, but then when I put it down, my mind races and my body gets restless. Have even resorted to going on my execise bike at 3am just too see if I knacker myself out completely will I sleep... I didnt!
I was given sleeping tablets but they didnt work & doc didn't want to put me onto a higher dose but hes just retiered so I'll go back and see what new doc says.

I have problems with restless legs too. It is such a weird feeling. I did not know there was medication you can take for it. I have never actually mentioned it to the docs. Fortunately it does not bother me all the time.

Its horrible when its constant. I get the same feeling though not as strong if I'm sat still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back