Restless legs syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfate

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all. I suffer with Restless legs syndrome which I experience at night and so disturbs my sleep. My GP prescribed ferrous fumarate to help with frequency of attacks. Unfortunately I'm getting more episodes and read that taking iron with orange juice will help absorption. Would anyone know a good vitamin c drink that is low in sugar? Many thanks

Ribena no added sugar? 0.4g of carbs per 100ml, 32mg of vitamin C.
Only if you like blackcurrants, of course.
Hope you find something that works for you Sulfate.

Ribena no added sugar? 0.4g of carbs per 100ml, 32mg of vitamin C.
Only if you like blackcurrants, of course.
Hope you find something that works for you Sulfate.
@Windy thanks so much for your helpful reply.

Hi all. I suffer with Restless legs syndrome which I experience at night and so disturbs my sleep. My GP prescribed ferrous fumarate to help with frequency of attacks. Unfortunately I'm getting more episodes and read that taking iron with orange juice will help absorption. Would anyone know a good vitamin c drink that is low in sugar? Many thanks
It seems an odd medication to be prescribed as it is normally used for iron deficiency anaemia. It is not mentioned that it is a treatment for restless leg syndrome unless that is caused by anaemia. it says do not take with milk, tea or eggs but to take with water.

I haven’t heard of iron being used for restless legs. I find magnesium helps mine. You can take a supplement or use a spray on your thighs or belly (it just absorbs in the skin it’s not topical to where you have issues) or you can soak your feet (or have a bath) with Epsom salts.

I haven’t heard of iron being used for restless legs. I find magnesium helps mine. You can take a supplement or use a spray on your thighs or belly (it just absorbs in the skin it’s not topical to where you have issues) or you can soak your feet (or have a bath) with Epsom salts.
My GP said it was the first thing to try even if you're not lacking iron. Then the next would be codeine and after that some "heavy duty meds" I have read lots of information on RLS and iron is mentioned quite alot. It definitely has helped over the last few months I can go over a week sometimes without RL. At the moment not so effective.

Hope the Vit C does the trick to aid iron absorption, and that calms your restless legs.

If ribena doesn’t quite cut it, could you use those Vit C vitamin supplements (or sugar-free fizzy tabs)?

Hope the Vit C does the trick to aid iron absorption, and that calms your restless legs.

If ribena doesn’t quite cut it, could you use those Vit C vitamin supplements (or sugar-free fizzy tabs)?
Yes that's a good idea. I can try both. I did a bit of research and you're not supposed to drink coffee for 2 hours after taking the iron. I have taken mine first thing in the morning followed by an americano! So I'm now trying taking it at night and hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back