Research Survey - Participants Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaRowlands

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
We are looking for people with diabetes in the UK who are over the age of 18 to participate in a research study. This research will inform an undergraduate dissertation project investigating mental health support offered to patients with diabetes. You do not need to have any diagnosed mental health conditions to take part – all information is useful!

Please click the link below to learn more about this study:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...X-MxYp1lUQjVZSU9NRVJVUzhKVk9HU1VSWjdITzBNVS4u

Thank you!

Edit: Thank you so much to everyone who has already taken part! The survey will be closing soon so if anyone hasn't yet participated, please consider clicking the above link. It takes around 10 minutes to complete. Thank you!

This study has been approved by Mike @everydayupsanddowns.

Last edited:
@EmmaRowlands - just completed the survey. Having been diagnosed 50 years ago, there was no acknowledgement whatever that being diagnosed with a chronic condition might have MH connotations. Never ever have I ever been offered MH support - when I was having daily panic attacks 15+ years ago I virtually had to grovel to get a GP to prescribe anything. Today when it's so very very difficult to get any help whatever from the NHS unless it's a dire emergency - and you have to get out of bed in the middle of the night (LOL) to ring the GP surgery and the chances of there being an available appointment that day by the time you get through are negligible - where on earth would I be likely to get help with combating 'diabetes distress' - which is a recent phenomenon for me?

Just have to lump it same as I have to lump high BP. (GP did take an interest and sent me a link to report BPs in a fortnight's time, but when I clicked it, it said it had expired. This has happened 3 times now, 3 times I've rung and reported it and the receptionist has said she'll tell the doctor, nowt. Doesn't help my BP!! So why worry about it?

Just completed it.

Done. I'm type3c. Treated same as type 1 mdi 's so ticked type 1 hope that is ok.? Or maybe you should add other types of diabetes also. Then it dosn't discriminate. If you know what i woking mean.

@EmmaRowlands - just completed the survey. Having been diagnosed 50 years ago, there was no acknowledgement whatever that being diagnosed with a chronic condition might have MH connotations. Never ever have I ever been offered MH support - when I was having daily panic attacks 15+ years ago I virtually had to grovel to get a GP to prescribe anything. Today when it's so very very difficult to get any help whatever from the NHS unless it's a dire emergency - and you have to get out of bed in the middle of the night (LOL) to ring the GP surgery and the chances of there being an available appointment that day by the time you get through are negligible - where on earth would I be likely to get help with combating 'diabetes distress' - which is a recent phenomenon for me?

Just have to lump it same as I have to lump high BP. (GP did take an interest and sent me a link to report BPs in a fortnight's time, but when I clicked it, it said it had expired. This has happened 3 times now, 3 times I've rung and reported it and the receptionist has said she'll tell the doctor, nowt. Doesn't help my BP!! So why worry about it?
Thank you for your participation! Issues like those you've mentioned are why studies into this area are so important. Things like diabetes distress and diabetes burnout are now being recognised in some research, but not nearly enough, it seems.
I appreciate you mentioning the difficulties you've had with your GP. Hopefully, as more research is done into this area, clinical practice will begin to acknowledge the experiences you have described.
I wish you the best of luck!

I would also like to include the links to helplines included in the study here for those not wishing to participate who are struggling with their mental health. Please don't hesitate to use these contacts:

Diabetes UK Helpline
Phone at: 0345 123 2399
Send live chats at: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/contact_us

Samaritans
Phone at: 116 123

Mind
Phone at: 0300 123 3393
Text at: 86463

Done. I'm type3c. Treated same as type 1 mdi 's so ticked type 1 hope that is ok.? Or maybe you should add other types of diabetes also. Then it dosn't discriminate. If you know what i woking mean.
Thank you for taking part! I appreciate the feedback - this is definitely something to consider with future research.

Hey, Mike @everydayupsanddowns I have thought a few times we could actually do with a 'Like' smilie which signifies the message 'Thank you' - and this is a case in point - I wanted to say 'Thanks' to @EmmaRowlands but could only give her a 'Like'.
Would the heart / 'love' reaction work? That's how that is generally used on other SoMe platforms - not so much for 'sending love' as for 'I love this' 🙂

Love is a bit OTT Mike - though your heart symbol on my post did make me burst out laughing !

Hi! This research is still ongoing, so if you haven't yet completed the survey and have some time to spare, please consider filling it out. It takes an average of around 10 minutes to complete. Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far - it's much appreciated!

Thank you so much to everyone who has already taken part! The survey will be closing soon so if anyone hasn't yet participated, please consider clicking the above link. It takes around 10 minutes to complete. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back